Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His first 20 mins were hard, missed some tackles and his passing was off. BUT I don't care, there will be times that his passing is off because he plays the risky pass.......he looks to play it forward, he is trying to set this going. The alternative is AVB Spurs BORING safe, predictable and sideways 100% pass completion without any threat. To play the forward pass is the hardest pass and carries all the risk, this young man is brave and is at the epicentre of everything we do.

His first 20 mins were hard, missed some tackles and his passing was off. BUT I don't care, there will be times that his passing is off because he plays the risky pass.......he looks to play it forward, he is trying to set this going. The alternative is AVB Spurs BORING safe, predictable and sideways 100% pass completion without any threat. To play the forward pass is the hardest pass and carries all the risk, this young man is brave and is at the epicentre of everything we do.
He needs a song! Him and the rest of our academy players need their own songs. That or at least there own rendition of 'he's one of our own' every now and then.

One word for his performance against that lot: "magnificent".
Repeat that for the other 10 players on the pitch at any given time in that game. That sums it up, but special mention for Ryan he covered every blade of grass & bit every ankle that wasn't wearing the same colours he was wearing. Behemoth performance.

I love him. Should be playing for England. Which players are better right now? Wilshere isn't. Henderson has been okay but nothing special. Who else is there? Delph? I would love to see Carrick or Henderson next to Mason for England.

With us, he is just a breath of fresh air. For so long we were playing AVB's brutes together (Sandro/Capoue/Paulinho, Dembele to an extent) and we could hardly move the ball. He is great at doing just that. Recycling the ball whilst playing forward passes and starting moves

He was almost too up for yesterday he was playing with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Love seeing that. His passing wasn't his best yesterday but he made up for it by battling for every 50-50 ball. Such a tenacious player, shows you don't have a Yaya Toure or Patrick Vieira to make a physical difference in the center of the pitch.

He will always give away some stray passes because that's just his game. I don't give a fuck though, it's a 100 times better than watching Capoue and Paulinho pass it 5 yards sideways and then hide for the return.

Best player on the pitch yesterday along with Kane, Bentaleb, Walker and Dier.

He will always give away some stray passes because that's just his game. I don't give a fuck though, it's a 100 times better than watching Capoue and Paulinho pass it 5 yards sideways and then hide for the return.

Best player on the pitch yesterday along with Kane, Bentaleb, Walker and Dier.
Exactly! It is ok to make mistakes when you are trying to do something positive on the pitch. He just needs to ensure him making a stray pass doesn't catch our defence out. Losing possession while trying to cut through the defence or make a chance is totally acceptable. Him along with Bentaleb look like a match made in heaven.

Mason and Bentaleb make me weep tears of joy not only for their passion and tenacity, but for their potential as our midfield combo for years to come. What a pair of top lads.

He was almost too up for yesterday he was playing with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Love seeing that. His passing wasn't his best yesterday but he made up for it by battling for every 50-50 ball. Such a tenacious player, shows you don't have a Yaya Toure or Patrick Vieira to make a physical difference in the center of the pitch.

We had that before in Parker. Mason has that terrier like energy but with a lot more to his game. Can grow to be a big player for us alongside Bentaleb.

Him and Bentaleb gave Woolwich a complete scare on Saturday, they were shoving, clipping at the ankles to get at the ball. Makes your penis weep a little watching players who get the NLD.

Back
Top Bottom