Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guy likes Jim Davidson. Sounds like a closet racist to me.

It should be OK to acknowledge that racism is a problem in football, but still to question whether in this particular instance Rudiger's allegation was false.

There has been denial and indifference about racism both in the past and present, but does it help to accept every allegation of racism as true, without scrutiny, as Gary Neville and others did straight after the game? Or is that just virtue signaling, in this case at the expense of our fans' reputation?

Yes this was a very serious allegation, and rightly the club have treated it very seriously, but I think it is clear that the fan footage and audio doesn't back Rudiger up.

In the end we make our own judgements, but I think it is wise to stick to the principle our courts stick to, ie presumed innocence. In the meantime Spurs fans have been scapegoated for the 'racism in football issue'. We shouldn't accept that, especially when everyone knows Rudiger's own club have a much worse record on racism than we do.

I am sure the club are fearful of coming out and saying, 'we haven't found any convincing evidence of racist behaviour' for fear of being accused of whitewashing. But until they do, the smear on our fans reputation lingers.

Yes this was a very serious allegation, and rightly the club have treated it very seriously, but I think it is clear that the fan footage and audio doesn't back Rudiger up.

In the end we make our own judgements, but I think it is wise to stick to the principle our courts stick to, ie presumed innocence. In the meantime Spurs fans have been scapegoated for the 'racism in football issue'. We shouldn't accept that, especially when everyone knows Rudiger's own club have a much worse record on racism than we do.

I am sure the club are fearful of coming out and saying, 'we haven't found any convincing evidence of racist behaviour' for fear of being accused of whitewashing. But until they do, the smear on our fans reputation lingers.

To be fair most have recognised this and don't accept that, but some would rather take 2 peoples word against thousands, if not millions, plus the club and Met police.

Yet the fact that a Chelsea fan was ejected for racism in the very same game, and another at the Chelsea Brighton game a couple of weeks later, has been forgotten and brushed under the carpet..

Anyone else find it funny that no one seems to care or comment on the ACTUAL cases of racism but spend hours creating an issue that didn’t happen?

No agenda whatsoever.
Exactly.....makes you wonder eh.

Ollie Holt is shocking on Twitter. Imagine someone just going around, brazenly, accusing someone else about beating up the wife, just because he heard it somewhere.

Holt has done more to harm the fight against racism than any racist ever could.

Ollie Holt is shocking on Twitter. Imagine someone just going around, brazenly, accusing someone else about beating up the wife, just because he heard it somewhere.

Holt has done more to harm the fight against racism than any racist ever could.
Holt's always been a lying, self-serving cunt ready to besmirch anyone's reputation for a story. I remember when he was chief football writer for The Times back in the 90s, writing an outraged, hand-wringing editorial about the despicable behaviour of England fans at a game in Italy when in the very same edition the reporter who was at the match said that the England fans were beaten in an unprovoked attack by the police.

Cue ten pages of “see, told you he was a cheating cunt”.

Or we could assume positive intent and understand he may have misheard something. That would give us the highest of high ground.

Back
Top Bottom