Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably won’t see the best of him until next year.

He came back pretty quick from the ACL tear, only about 9 months which is generally close to minimum. Generally I feel like it takes 15-18 months to get back to top form from that injury.

Hopefully Bissouma can recover his early season form and we only need Bentancur for 20-30 minute cameos through the end of the season then he’s back to his best next year.

He will come right - just needs some more game time in the bank to regain his sharpness. We have the luxury of rotating Bentancur and Bissouma so I'd start Biss for the next 2 / 3 games, bringing Bent on around the hour mark for either Biss or Sarr.

Oh and go fuck yourself with a rusty chainsaw Matt Cash.

I don't think that playing someone who is out of form, week in, week out is good for them.

Sarr and Biss coming back is great for us and him. It gives him the ability to rest up a bit if he's not 100%, it takes the pressure off him knowing that if he isn't playing, we're going to be much weaker and it gives him more time to work on things that aren't clicking in training.

He's undoubtedly a very good player. For me, he's a better player than Rice when he's in form but he has struggled since returning from his second injury. A week or two on the bench, when he can come on and build fitness 30 minutes at a time and I reckon he'll be back in form.

He’s come back from a serious injury and due to others not being available in the squad, was thrust back in to the starting eleven. He’s going to need some time and like others have said, it might be next season before we see him back to his best. Just remember, this guy used to run his ass off in games and blitzed the World Cup. We have a potential world class player in this lad

I feel he'll get a break now that Biss and Sarr are back
We have 3 TOP quality CMs for those two positions, so rotation and rest is FINALLY something we (and they) can take advantage of, and benefit from!

Perm ANY 2 from BISS - SARR - BENTANCUR and we're laughing.

Biss looked pretty fit and for me would start over Bentanc next couple of games.

Brighton are a nightmare team to play against if you're slightly off your game - their possession gains from turnovers are really high.

In the first min they even robbed VDV (fab save Vic). Then it was Udogie. They'd prob seen the City game and targeted him. Credit to him, didn't see it again although the stream was dodgy so might have missed it/them.

The worst was Bentanc and again I'm sure they targeted him having seen a less than stellar game v Brentford. Fine to pass out from defence but the ball needs to be moved on quick. He had a simple pass out to the wing but too many touches and it's that pen. Vic saved his arse again when robbed from a throw out.

He's a top class player who looks unfit or injured.

Don’t think Bentancur / Maddison combo in midfield is a good idea.

I didn’t think he wanted to take the ball from the CBs yesterday which slowed down our tempo.

We know how good he is. He had a big injury then came back and got another one and is still finding his feet. He'll come good again he's a great player just lacking in some confidence right now.

Unpopular opinion but I’d be surprised if he’s a key part of this midfield next season
Baby Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom