Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You may be right, I was only pointing out the mans own comments.
It could equally be that at this stage of his career he really wants to compete at that level? I dont know. All I do know is he said he wants a CL club.
And, for me, Im far from convinced he is the sort of player to suit us anyway. If we got him I guess Id be positive but honestly he isnt on my wish list at all.

You may be right, I was only pointing out the mans own comments.
It could equally be that at this stage of his career he really wants to compete at that level? I dont know. All I do know is he said he wants a CL club.
And, for me, Im far from convinced he is the sort of player to suit us anyway. If we got him I guess Id be positive but honestly he isnt on my wish list at all.
Not aimed at you mate. A quote is a quote. Though I have no doubt he would like to play CL football, it is not on his priority list. He knows CL = money. If Grimsby offered him £150k/week, he'd be plying his trade in the conference next season.

You're wasting you're time. Don't you know that chronic mastrubator is always right?
An odd choice of platform to confess, considerate as there are probably more kids on the Lego board, and too many people to confuse yourself with on arsemania.
You spelled Masturbator incorrectly though
Mind you if you are going to confess to being one, you might as well fuck up the spelling to show just how big of one you are.
Good job.

An odd choice of platform to confess, considerate as there are probably more kids on the Lego board, and too many people to confuse yourself with on arsemania.
You spelled Masturbator incorrectly though
Mind you if you are going to confess to being one, you might as well fuck up the spelling to show just how big of one you are.
Good job.
Whatever you think I am (based on the fact you've never met me, but hey ho) - just remember that selfie you posted on that lonesome beach dressed like a chav will always trump whatever insults you throw my way. And is there on the Internet forever, just to add. Seething, as you might be - that is the truth of a sad old, lonely man looking to fight daily on the internet with faceless zoids. That, and the PMs you've sent numerous posters looking for a punch-up. Keep embarrassing yourself, it's rather amusing during a summer of little else Spurs-related bar some transfer rumours.

Whatever you think I am (based on the fact you've never met me, but hey ho) - just remember that selfie you posted on that lonesome beach dressed like a chav will always trump whatever insults you throw my way. And is there on the Internet forever, just to add. Seething, as you might be - that is the truth of a sad old, lonely man looking to fight daily on the internet with faceless zoids. That, and the PMs you've sent numerous posters looking for a punch-up. Keep embarrassing yourself, it's rather amusing during a summer of little else Spurs-related bar some transfer rumours.
dressed like a chav? Considering I was several feet away from the camera, I couldn't have taken it myself, it was snapped by my wife.
sorry to disillusion you dumbo, but pretty much everyone wears T shirts and shorts in Bermuda, and if that doesn't conform to what you think is acceptable dress, then I for one won't lose any sleep over it. I also think that you will find that rich and poor alike wear shorts and T shirts on the beach.
I have never sent anyone a PM asking for a fight, I don't fight and haven't done so since I was a headstrong teenager some 30 plus years ago. I have spoken to 2 people on here to tell them that I would be pleased to meet them face to face, and see if they would abuse me in the manner that they were doing, when they didn't have a keyboard to hide behind. At no time have I ever degraded myself by asking anyone to fight me. Rather stupid thing to do, when clearly you have no idea of how big or strong they would be - or whether you would recognise whoever turned up. So you need to watch what you say - because that is libel.
As for embarrassing myself - do you not realise that you do that to yourself almost every time you post? You post on a fucking kids toy message board, Woolwich message boards, get thrown off Tottenham supporters message boards and get shit canned on this one on a regular basis for trolling and being a jerk.

and you say that I'm embarrassing myself?

PS -I am old, in comparison to many on here - but I'm a really happy and contented man with a lovely wife and daughter - and I live in Bermuda. So don't fret, I'm neither sad, nor lonely.
I'll leave the sad epithet to the man with a mental post count and nothing better in his life than to infect the internet on any and every forum with his "opinions."

Last edited:
dressed like a chav? Considering I was several feet away from the camera, I couldn't have taken it myself, it was snapped by my wife.
sorry to disillusion you dumbo, but pretty much everyone wears T shirts and shorts in Bermuda, and if that doesn't conform to what you think is acceptable dress, then I for one won't lose any sleep over it. I also think that you will find that rich and poor alike wear shorts and T shirts on the beach.
I have never sent anyone a PM asking for a fight, I don't fight and haven't done so since I was a headstrong teenager some 30 plus years ago. I have spoken to 2 people on here to tell them that I would be pleased to meet them face to face, and see if they would abuse me in the manner that they were doing, when they didn't have a keyboard to hide behind. At no time have I ever degraded myself by asking anyone to fight me. Rather stupid thing to do, when clearly you have no idea of how big or strong they would be - or whether you would recognise whoever turned up. So you need to watch what you say - because that is libel.
As for embarrassing myself - do you not realise that you do that to yourself almost every time you post? You post on a fucking kids toy message board, Woolwich message boards, get thrown off Tottenham supporters message boards and get shit canned on this one on a regular basis for trolling and being a jerk.

and you say that I'm embarrassing myself?
There is no cure for being a cunt, Mick - especially not at 54. Whatever insults you throw my way - know that it will never change who (or rather what) you are.

There is no cure for being a cunt, Mick - especially not at 54. Whatever insults you throw my way - know that it will never change who (or rather what) you are.
OK, so you post a comment about another poster being a chronic wanker, and when you get it turned to you - its an insult. You call me a cunt, and I'm the one throwing insults around?
This is why I call you out for hypocrisy.
You poison this board and pretty much every thread you post on.
I'm done with you.
and get it right - I'm 56

Last season it was just a massive confidence issue brought on by piss poor management from top to bottom. The bloke is still a quality striker and on form FAR better than anyone else we'll likely get this summer. After a lil R and R then back in with a full pre season under Tino and his new Spanish speaking set up he'll be drop kicking humble pie down a lot of dopey cunts throats. Lamela too.

Last season it was just a massive confidence issue brought on by piss poor management from top to bottom. The bloke is still a quality striker and on form FAR better than anyone else we'll likely get this summer. After a lil R and R then back in with a full pre season under Tino and his new Spanish speaking set up he'll be drop kicking humble pie down a lot of dopey cunts throats. Lamela too.
thanks i feel better now

How can you even make the claim that Soldado was a 'like for like' bust when compared to Negredo? I don't think you'll find anyone on this forum who would even think to agree with that statement. So far you've offered absolutely no real reasons as to why you think Soldado could make it in the premier league, nor have you done yourself any favors by making an asinine comparison to Negredo. Don't send me a patronizing emoticon response until you've earned it by putting forth a half-decent, thought out argument.

Hint: you aren't going to find it by trolling youtube for Soldado's Valencia highlights and then coming on here and claiming his quality is undeniable.
If you ook at the way both of them play it is somewhat similar, the only difference is the assisting at city is fluid built up with some of the best players in the world and ours is a set of ragamuffins thrown together.

Maybe he just can't be bothered to get involved in a lengthy argument? If that's the case I can't say I blame him. I couldn't be bothered either after everything that's been going on on here last season.

ArcspacE ArcspacE couldn't be bothered to stay out of a lengthy argument. I'm fairly sure he eats, breathes and shits lengthy arguments. Fact is, he tried his little fuckboy schtick with me once and got embarrassed so now all he does is run around and dislike everything out of teenage angst/spite.

Sadly enough, I think he stopped being a teenager, numerically speaking, many years ago.

Last edited:
I like Soldado despite his stats last season.
I think a lot of fellow Tottenham fans felt the same instinctively - there's a great player in there but things just didn't go right for him. I hope and believe that can change with a break and a change of vibe at the Lane.

I hope he stays for another season and we build our attack around him. He's got guile, craft and intelligence. We need to use those rare qualities.

If you ook at the way both of them play it is somewhat similar, the only difference is the assisting at city is fluid built up with some of the best players in the world and ours is a set of ragamuffins thrown together.

The key difference, which I believe someone mentioned a few pages back, is in the disparity of size&strength between the two. That has made Negredo much more ready-made to take on the beastlier centerbacks of the league, though in truth it probably led to some of his injuries.

I agree that our squad was thrown together, but I would hardly say City's midfield is that much better than ours when you compare individuals. Outside of Yaya, they don't really have anyone heads above Spurs players in terms of quality. Other players will work in a new system, but I just can't see that happening for Soldado. I would be very, very hesitant to build a team around a 30 year old striker with fantastic technical ability and not much else. He just doesn't seem adaptable.

The key difference, which I believe someone mentioned a few pages back, is in the disparity of size&strength between the two. That has made Negredo much more ready-made to take on the beastlier centerbacks of the league, though in truth it probably led to some of his injuries.

I agree that our squad was thrown together, but I would hardly say City's midfield is that much better than ours when you compare individuals. Outside of Yaya, they don't really have anyone heads above Spurs players in terms of quality. Other players will work in a new system, but I just can't see that happening for Soldado. I would be very, very hesitant to build a team around a 30 year old striker with fantastic technical ability and not much else. He just doesn't seem adaptable.
The key difference here is team as opposed to individual.

We have great individuals, but, they need to learn to be coherent within the system employed.

Other players will work in a new system, but I just can't see that happening for Soldado. I would be very, very hesitant to build a team around a 30 year old striker with fantastic technical ability and not much else. He just doesn't seem adaptable.

Soldado, from what I can make out, is a Lineker type of striker...sadly for us, that pretty much died out in English football about 20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom