Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, but those days are over imo.....its painful, but their home support has surpassed ours by miles.

On one hand, we are saying how important it is to back Soldado, then we laugh at them for trying to drum up support for Ozil?

My only problem is that I bet most of them were happy to abuse Eboue
Once again, Sammy. You're tarring me with other people's brushes.

As you can see earlier in the thread I've posted my views on Soldado weeks ago and it's pretty supportive. I don't really care about their home support or whatever, I just find it hilarious how Woolwich fans are on Twitter. I suppose all clubs have their laughable characters, but Woolwich seem to have a whole fanbase at the minute. Whether it's the Wenger hokey-cokey, realising Ozil isn't made for Woolwich's kinda football, the 'Bosscielny' crap or Sneezy mugging us off. It's funny.

Stand up for "

THE SOLDIER;
CS53643135Football-Totten-2961621.png

He needs our support!!

No Im not...you are advocating support of Soldado (which is good), yet claiming they are sad and laughable for doing the same for Ozil

:sandro:
I'm advocating support of all our players not drumming up some laughable hashtag bullshit. #supportsoldado #riseforrobbie

I'm saying they're laughable for a number of things, as I've mentioned, I've just raised it here after thelonious' post.

I'm advocating support of all our players not drumming up some laughable hashtag bullshit. #supportsoldado #riseforrobbie

I'm saying they're laughable for a number of things, as I've mentioned, I've just raised it here after thelonious' post.

I remember laughing at their Red Action walks to the ground a few years back......Im not anymore.

At the end of the day, we can sit here and talk about supporting Soldado on a forum....I dont see any difference with doing it on twitter...at least that way, some kind of snowball effect can take place..

Support is support...if its on twitter or in the ground, the player will still receive that support

I remember laughing at their Red Action walks to the ground a few years back......Im not anymore.

At the end of the day, we can sit here and talk about supporting Soldado on a forum....I dont see any difference with doing it on twitter...at least that way, some kind of snowball effect can take place..

Support is support...if its on twitter or in the ground, the player will still receive that support
Well, I find them hilarious. For a number of reasons. You can be as reasonable and convincing as you like but I'll still laugh at those mugs for it.

Hypocrisy is a trait we all have. Embrace it.

Well, I find them hilarious. For a number of reasons. You can be as reasonable and convincing as you like but I'll still laugh at those mugs for it.

Hypocrisy is a trait we all have. Embrace it.

If Im going to laugh at them, it wont be for backing a player who is low on confidence. Makes zero sense to me, and just makes you look silly, imo....especially while this Soldado issue is peaking at the same time.

If Im going to laugh at them, it wont be for backing a player who is low on confidence. Makes zero sense to me, and just makes you look silly, imo....especially while this Soldado issue is peaking at the same time.
Naaaaaah. Different situations. We've never claimed Soldado to be one of the best in the Prem, or even in our squad. They have. Vehemently.

Again, I'm not mocking them for the support. But the manner of it. And again, it's a combination of things that have inspired my original comment you took umbrage to.

Sorry, but those days are over imo.....its painful, but their home support has surpassed ours by miles.

On one hand, we are saying how important it is to back Soldado, then we laugh at them for trying to drum up support for Ozil?

My only problem is that I bet most of them were happy to abuse Eboue

Players like Eboue and Dawson don't need support they need transfers out of clubs when the going gets tough, they're both liabilities who lack the talent to perform at PL level (well closer to the top of the PL anyway) a player like Soldado has proven ability and talent who just happens to be low on confidence for which the fans should understand and support during a tough time. Remember we're here to support the players (Soldado) not perform magic and turn shite into gold (Dawson)

Players like Eboue and Dawson don't need support they need transfers out of clubs when the going gets tough, they're both liabilities who lack the talent to perform at PL level (well closer to the top of the PL anyway) a player like Soldado has proven ability and talent who just happens to be low on confidence for which the fans should understand and support during a tough time. Remember we're here to support the players (Soldado) not perform magic and turn shite into gold (Dawson)

Thats my point.

You say we are here to support the players, while calling Dawson shit.

It makes me fucking laugh that people pick and choose who they think deserves support, then have the nerve to call other people "haters", and say things like "we need to support the club" etc etc etc.

How the fuck is it only talented players that should be supported? Anyone else is free to be slated?

The most ridiculous and pathetic thing Ive ever heard mate

Thats my point.

You say we are here to support the players, while calling Dawson shit.

It makes me fucking laugh that people pick and choose who they think deserves support, then have the nerve to call other people "haters", and say things like "we need to support the club" etc etc etc.

How the fuck is it only talented players that should be supported? Anyone else is free to be slated?

The most ridiculous and pathetic thing Ive ever heard mate

Should we carry around liabilities? i've got nothing against average squad players but Dawson is not average, he's so far below average it hurts, maybe once upon a time he was ok but not now. When a player is not good enough and lets you down game after game it's not support they should be getting but a transfer out of the club.

Should we carry around liabilities? i've got nothing against average squad players but Dawson is not average, he's so far below average it hurts, maybe once upon a time he was ok but not now. When a player is not good enough and lets you down game after game it's not support they should be getting but a transfer out of the club.

Support whatever players you want......

Just sick of people telling me who I should support, or that I "hate" a player because I point out they have been piss poor.......while they sit there and slate whoever they feel like.

truly, truly useless.

"oh but he gets chances"
"oh he links up play"
"oh he just doesn't fit the system"

Oh.. wait.. he just can't finish.

You do know the team looked 10x more dangerous when he came in. He fucked up chances that no one was even getting. He didn't finish, but there is so much more to complain about after that game than him.

you could not have less confidence than he has right now, right near the end he had the opportunity to smash it from around 6 yards with his left foot and he tried a backheel pass in the box

You do know the team looked 10x more dangerous when he came in. He fucked up chances that no one was even getting. He didn't finish, but there is so much more to complain about after that game than him.

Did we score a goal when he came on? Did he finish our best chance of the game? Did we pay 26 million for him to miss shots like that? Sure, within the context of the game there were worse players... that doesn't change the fact that his performance was more of the same-- he's fucking useless in front of goal and has been all season long.

Yes.. we look SO dangerous when Soldado is on the field. 5 prem goals and some cute backheel passes... must be terrifying for opposing defenses

Did we score a goal when he came on? Did he finish our best chance of the game? Did we pay 26 million for him to miss shots like that? Sure, within the context of the game there were worse players... that doesn't change the fact that his performance was more of the same-- he's fucking useless in front of goal and has been all season long.

Yea and that's why he's behind Ade. Soldado is in terrible form, no question about it. But, after that game if your first priority is to pick on him, than you got your priorities messed up.

Back
Top Bottom