Robbie Savage - Spurs will finish sixth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd forgotten that Edinburgh was sent off in that match.
Oddly enough that's one of my first ever memories. "Savage getting Edinburgh sent off in the Worthington Cup final".

That and us getting raped at home by Middlesborough when it was freezing cold and pissing it down, conceding a hat-trick to Hamilton Ricard.

:defoe:

On his opinion; sixth would be a complete disaster of a season for us and worst-case scenario. We're nailed on for a finish between 3rd and 5th I reckon, but i'm still confident of 4th.

Supporters of all clubs make the mistake of basing their predictions based on hope. Last year I would bet that nearly everyone on here thought we would top four. For what it is worth, I was wrong as well, as I said 6th. Let's be honesty, if it wasn't for the genius of one player, we would have struggled to finish mid table.
Now the manager has his own team in place, I would amazed if he hasn't been told by Levy that finishing top four isn't an option, it's a necessity. I believe that if we finish outside the CL positions, AVB will be gone. Although I have little trust in AVB, I feel sorry for him in the sense he has had no actual money to spend, as the clubs net outlay was £3m to the positive.

Smoked Salmon, you must try and look at Spurs as if you are not a supporter. You predictions and beliefs are all based on your allegiance. I look at Spurs as I would any other club, and this enables me to make mainly accurate predictions. When I can, I try and drink with away supporters, as their opinions of our players and club are generally far more accurate than Spurs supporters. Needless to say this is not unique to the supporters of Tottenham. I think this thread should be pinned, so we can all look back at it in May. I am sticking with 6th
I routinely look at the club without rose tinted glasses, as anyone who has read a reasonable chunk of my posts will realise. But that does not mean that your constant negativity and determination to predict failure instead of success translates as realism and objectivity because, frankly, a lot of what you say is garbage and is not rationally reasoned.

Keep patting yourself on the back though if you think it gives you one up on everyone else.

Even you must admit that we have looked fooking awful so far ?
For wins out of five does not say "awful" to me, particularly when the loss is a NLD - a fixture that rarely reflects league positive and ability. I don't think it's all pretty in pink (hello Gareth). I think the squad needs to gel and also needs to adapt to life without Bale. I think the defence and midfield has, for the most part, been functioning adequately so far and the only real problem as I see it is the lack of service to Soldado and lack of goals from midfield. We have two new highly rated players in Eriksen and Lamela that we haven't even seen yet that could go some way to addressing both of these problems, with the other new boys further gelling at the same time.

It you are as objective and intelligent and you are claiming then you would realise that it's probably Christmas at the earliest when you can get a rough idea of how well the squad is functioning and what it may be able to do in the future. Three league matches in, with new talent not even playing yet, is no proof of anything, and that applies equally to us having problems in the future as having success. Your failure to raise or acknowledge points like this is why people have you down as a troll who is intentionally looking for the most negative aspect rather then genuinely taking a balanced look at things.

Either that or you are a thoroughly miserable shit who just likes the sound of his own moaning. *shrug*

Most posts are not negative, they are realistic. I am very rarely wrong about Spurs, and whilst I may not get the score right all the time, my predictions on a lose win and draw basis are very good. Some people on this forum only read what they want to read. Even on the AVB subject, I made positive comments, but everyone chose to ignore them
I have objectively looked at the football Man Utd, Citeh, Chelsea, Woolwich and Liverpool are playing, and believe we are a million miles away from them. Yes, we will get better as we gel, I just think by the time it happens we will be so far behind we will not be able to catch up. Even you must admit that we have looked fooking awful so far ?

Put your money where your mouth is and join the prediction league.

I remember when he was at Leicester. I've got family in Ipswich and went to see them play. He got booed more by Leicester fans than Ipswich, says all that needs to be said about him

Its a fair summary on how things are, and most of us have commented very smiliarly over the last few months. However its one thing us saying it, but we don't like it when an outsider makes the same observations. Still he's only doing his job (not very well, I grant you, as I don't find him very insightful).

I'm not arguing with the prediction at all. I just don't like him. He's a total fucking bell end. My cat has a bigger brain and it's nickname is 'Not Too Clever Cat'. You only have to listen to Savage for about thirty seconds before you realise he has the intellect of a small round soap dish, he has all the charm of the message you get when you call a call centre and they're trying to tell you you're not wasting your life calling them but they can't be fucked answering for another 10 minutes, there was a third reason but I've forgotten cause fucking lemon juice hair face man is about to try to talk and all the nuclear energy in the world will have to be diverted to his brain to try to make it work. It won't. If he was a film he'd be Speed 2 or the first Titanic movie. OXYGEN THIEF!

Back
Top Bottom