Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

9th in the league in goals from open play, after bad form to start the season and then surgery.

He’s having a very strong season by any standard. People are letting their opinions be colored by last seasons debacle, which while he was poor, he was also being managed by a football terrorist.

9th in the league in goals from open play, after bad form to start the season and then surgery.

He’s having a very strong season by any standard. People are letting their opinions be colored by last seasons debacle, which while he was poor, he was also being managed by a football terrorist.
Which is ridiculous because he hardly got any minutes last year and barely had any chances created for him. He's already played more minutes this season and gotten way more service.

Crackin' performance, lad.....

jzbQNs.png

Chalk and cheese with Burnley performance.

A goal, and also some really good shielding. Also chasing back to rob possession and some great first time round the corner passing.

I said this guy could get 15- 20 goals a season for us, that's 6 in 6 with a reserve team in defence and MF behind him. He may not be the solution, but fuck me Ange is getting a good tune out of him.

He WILL get better with every start.

I’ve been a critic for a long time and he’ll always be a player that can frustrate us. What I saw today was a tidier side to his game where he held it up and brought others into play which we’ve not seen since he came here. That is a must as centre forward when you are 40 yards and more from goal if it’s played into him. We don’t play that way a lot but there was definitely a tweak to how we played as it got played into him more today to be laid back and out the other side and he done it great. He looks fitter and stronger when he is pressing now which puts defenders under more pressure to make a pass and deserved his goal.

He’ll never be clinical and won’t run away from players with pace but his overall game has got better since his operation and is now finding the net. 6 in 6 is very good and if he can continue to play well he’ll definitely get to 15 come the end of the season.

2 moments where he had escaped his marker in the box and had a near tap-in
This.

One each Gill (a yard behind him) and Johnson (straight into keeper's arms.

Can you imagine getting a hat trick at MUFC like that? Bloody hell, he might even get a song.

Johnson I thought was the only disappointing player today. But he's young, got a very high ceiling, it's way too early to get on his back.

He’ll never be clinical and won’t run away from players with pace but his overall game has got better since his operation and is now finding the net. 6 in 6 is very good and if he can continue to play well he’ll definitely get to 15 come the end of the season.
:richtongue:

He’ll never be a guy that gets you 20+ goals a season like top strikers do.
He was excellent today and the way we play we probably don’t need a 20+ striker because the goals are spread around from all over the team.
How many strikers get 20+ goals in the prem (without penalties)?

He was getting 13 goals a season for a mediocre Everton side, in a better team where he gets more service and is fully fit he can get close to 20 goals a season.

Very good today - lots of effort, tracking back and tackling. Got a goal and was involved in build up play (without giving it away too much). Took up decent positions but poor final balls let him down (not his fault). Credit where it’s due 👍🏻

How many strikers get 20+ goals in the prem (without penalties)?

He was getting 13 goals a season for a mediocre Everton side, in a better team where he gets more service and is fully fit he can get close to 20 goals a season.
Not many mate and I can see your logic in saying he can get 20 goals a season in this side but I don’t think he’ll be our main striker going forward so it’s highly unlikely he’ll get those numbers.
I’m well happy with him right now and he’ll get goals for us no doubt and even more so when Madders is back.

Richy post groin surgery has arguably been a top 3 player for us. Brilliant for Richy standards. Long may it continue. This player is worth paying the £60m for, absolutely he is.

The surgery and the appointments with the club psychologist has turned his season around. Well done to the club for giving him the platform to play to his best, which he is repaying them by doing. Imagine him going through similar under Conte? Well, I guess he did and Conte fucked him off. Civility wins again it seems.

Back
Top Bottom