Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s small club mentality comparing Son and Richarlison, they are very different players offering different attacking dynamics and both will get plenty of minutes this season. The whole Son thing is getting so overblown, it’s a squad game plain and simple.

Agree but Sonny looks completely off it atm showing very little confidence and maybe getting rested for Wednesday game might do be for the best

He’ll come good soon

Subtitles please!!! must be getting mutton in my old age.
Cant Hear Baby Boomers GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

That's not true. I think Conte sees something that a lot of people are not - Son commands a shitload of attention from defenses, opening up the game for others to exploit:

You take a look at our first goal scored today and Son makes the run that pulls defenders away from Kane, leaving him open

eMkQciE.jpg

Then take a look at the Southampton game. He provide an assist to Dier but the other 3 goals scored, he was being double teamed and/or making dangerous runs, opening space for others. Here are the moments just before the 3 goals scored against SH:

Sess

YPcjrtY.jpg

Kulu

3tuxWRh.jpg

Own Goal

jCSRlzR.jpg

Then against Chelsea and Wolves, he had a part in a couple of the goals if I'm remembering correctly.

Yeah he's struggling and should be taken out to clear his head but to suggest that he doesn't offer anything is wrong. His presence along makes a big difference. If he continues to struggle then I'd imagine teams will be less concerned with him but for now, he's impacting how teams set up and play just by being on the pitch.
You have a point!

I desperately want Romero and Rich to be fit and available for the NLD - the piss boiling will a sight to behold.

Aside from the quality of the actual cross, the chasing and strength to put that mug Williams on his arse was a perfect display of what he gives you. That goal doesn't happen with Son on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom