Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your take on the theories that he's a bit moody and only plays for himself?
False. He honestly kept us up. He absolutely loves the fans and he is exactly the type of player you hate if he doesn’t play for you. He can have his moods, but I’d honestly say it’s a positive.

False. He honestly kept us up. He absolutely loves the fans and he is exactly the type of player you hate if he doesn’t play for you. He can have his moods, but I’d honestly say it’s a positive.
Agreed, he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives his all. We have had too many nicey nice players, it's about time we had a few Bastards.

He's also pretty socially conscious right? Doing charity work in brazil and in Everton, as well as generally very respectful of the club, even though you're... well, shit.

None of this "ambition of the club blah blah blah" you usually get the moment a player becomes good enough for a big transfer.

I don't care about Brazil, but he has a solid record playing for dogshit teams in the premier league. Going on the eye test, he works his arse off, has a cheating cunt win at all costs mentality, bit of pace, decent dribbler, can finish and can head the ball.

Major upgrade on Bergwijn with a net cost (taking into account Bergwijn being sold) of about 30m quid.
Bit harsh...
capture-afb2.jpg

He's also pretty socially conscious right? Doing charity work in brazil and in Everton, as well as generally very respectful of the club, even though you're... well, shit.

None of this "ambition of the club blah blah blah" you usually get the moment a player becomes good enough for a big transfer.

Yes. You can see how much Everton staying up meant to him when DCL scored the winning goal against Palace and a Richarlison just
Slid across the field on his face. He absolutely loves Everton and he loves winding Liverpool fans up online hahaha. But he’s 25 now, he’s Brazils number 9, and he has gave us enough of his career and deserves to play in the CL. I’m not sure how reliable Alex Crook is, but he was in Talk Sport a couple of days ago saying their was 4 CL clubs interested in him.

Yes. You can see how much Everton staying up meant to him when DCL scored the winning goal against Palace and a Richarlison just
Slid across the field on his face. He absolutely loves Everton and he loves winding Liverpool fans up online hahaha. But he’s 25 now, he’s Brazils number 9, and he has gave us enough of his career and deserves to play in the CL. I’m not sure how reliable Alex Crook is, but he was in Talk Sport a couple of days ago saying their was 4 CL clubs interested in him.
Does he allow enough time dedicated to his football, seeing as he is also a Bus driver.

Yeah, you'll find a buyer but not sure it will be much more than the alleged 50+10 offer. Madrid will underbid that and tell him not to sign for anyone else if they want him.

When Everton go into the red again, we'll take Anthony Gordon soon enough sure.

Always wanted Digne's left peg at Tottenham and like both the young fullbacks too, fucked if I know why Lampard hasn't played Patterson much.

Everton lying bastards/ITK's saying this is on?

We're big favourites with the bookies to get him.

The (implied) chances of us signing him this window are currently rated between 67% (1/2) and 82% (2/9) depending on the bookmaker. Pretty high, looks more than just tittle tattle, but I'm still worried about a Diaz repeat scenario.
At least he won't be going to Liverpool lol. I'd wager that of the clubs most likely to be in for him, we may be one of the better options.

Another Everton fan here in peace. Here is my take on Richy and on these comments in particular.

He is moody to a degree. He can be a bit petulant at times (moreso a couple of seasons ago when he could also be baited etc..). But it doesn’t come from a place of selfishness, it’s just an abundance of passion. He wants to do well for his team and for the fans. He’s going to leave Everton as a bit of a cult hero for that reason. He will give absolutely everything for whatever club he’s at. You’ll never question that.

He absolutely goes down too easy at times. That is true (though again, a bit less than a couple of seasons ago). It’s also true that he gets kicked at least as much as any player in the league. I expect that will happen less on both accounts when he’s not the focus of opposing defenses so much.

As a player he is a bit of a mixed bag. Dangerous and direct with the ball but he’s not quite the finisher you’d like and he will sometimes make the wrong decisions in the final third. Again, some of that may be down to his team. There were times when you could see him pressing because of how little we created and he would take poor shots when there were better options. Obviously he wouldn’t have that issue at Spurs. The real value of Richie is his work rate and what he can do for you defensively. He’s very responsible that way and I would challenge anyone to find a premier league winger who does more for his club at the other end.

I think his floor is what you’ve seen of him at Everton. A hardworking two way winger that opposing players and fans will find very annoying to play against. His ceiling, if you can improve him even 10% in the final third, is that 80m player who can bag 15 and 7 and be a huge asset in your own end as well.

Back
Top Bottom