Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really?????

jurgen klinsmann deal with it GIF by SB Nation

Really?????

jurgen klinsmann deal with it GIF by SB Nation
Sheringham and Anderton did have quite an exceptional understanding over several seasons. Only Kane and Son have created more goals for Tottenham in the Premier League era.

That picture is from the home match against Leeds in 95/96. A season in which Anderton only made a handful of appearances. That match in September was his first appearance of the season and he was injured again two matches later against QPR and didn't play again until the end of April. The high point for Anderton that season was actually in the away match against Leeds in the penultimate match of the season:

Sheringham and Anderton did have quite an exceptional understanding over several seasons. Only Kane and Son have created more goals for Tottenham in the Premier League era.

That picture is from the home match against Leeds in 95/96. A season in which Anderton only made a handful of appearances. That match in September was his first appearance of the season and he was injured again two matches later against QPR and didn't play again until the end of April. The high point for Anderton that season was actually in the away match against Leeds in the penultimate match of the season:

He was an absolutely brilliant player. He made really difficult things look very very easy hugely naturally talented footballer. Our team now lacks exactly the player he was.

If you’ve not watched this then you should.

Thanks for posting this. I remember watching this when it first aired on Sportsnight, way back when, and being so moved by his response. I watch it now and still feel the same.

Arthur Rowe really was the man who set us up in terms of ethos and style, a full decade before Sir Bill. Both should have statues outside the stadium, before any player.

If you’ve not watched this then you should.

Thanks for posting this. I remember watching this when it first aired on Sportsnight, way back when, and being so moved by his response. I watch it now and still feel the same.

Arthur Rowe really was the man who set us up in terms of ethos and style, a full decade before Sir Bill. Both should have statues outside the stadium, before any player.
Imagine that pure, honest, emotional reaction from ANY modern day manager..?

... Let alone Spurs!!

Back
Top Bottom