• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What shall we do with reputation?

• Remove all reputation

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Remove the negative reputation

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Leave it as it is

Votes: 70 76.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to disable the dislike rating for a bit. Disagree is neutral.

Bored of seeing threads with arguments over reputation and sin bin votes for people disliking posts.

It adds nothing of any use to the forum. Let's try this for a bit and see if anyone misses it.

Spread the love.

Last edited:
3) Leave it as it is - means nothing anyway.

I don't think removing 'disagree' would be a wise idea either - that's like telling someone in a face-to-face conversation you 'disagree' with them - no biggie. If people can't handle that from faceless zoids on an internet message boards - then perhaps this place isn't for them

You can always change the 'dislike' to a 'cnut' option since 99% of the time it used to tell the poster he's being one (in that particular post) and nothing else.

:soldadowatch:

Last edited:

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
Seems reputation can cause a few problems. People going round and disliking loads of posts from other users, threads turning into "why did you dislike my post?" arguments.

So, 3 options...

1. Remove all reputation - ditch the system completely.
2. Remove the negative reputation - dislike & disagree. Leave only the positive reps; Like/Thanks, Agree & Funny.
3. Leave it as it is

These are the only options. There's no "what if negative rep is hidden for users on ignore with less than 5 posts who's star sign is Taurus?".

Might not necessarily go with any of these but thought we'd see what people think of the rep system.

Might reset everyone's score as well. For no reason at all.

I only hand out neg reps when people are being dicks and don't particularly worry when I get one. I think rep is a good indicator of whether a poster is worth listening to.

I would remove the neg rep optiont
I always put people on ignore if they give me a 'dislike', but sometimes I think it's a bit sad to lose a connection with another poster.
The sad bit is that you ignore anyone that gives you a 'dislike', not that you lose connection. That's your choice. If it makes you sad, don't do it.

If @ sammyspurs sammyspurs used the same methodology, this fucking board would be just him replying to himself all the time :harrylol:

He'd probably end up sin-binning himself:harrylol::harrylol:

The only thing confusing me is why people who claim rep means nothing (used to belittle my MASSIVE POS REP), neg rep my posts.....

Its like saying that voting for a prime minister does nothing, its all fixed, politicians are all the same, and that I dont care who wins...........then voting

:goonermong:

Hey Sammy, is that a MASSIVE POS REP, or are you just pleased to see me?

Not voting because I'd like to see more options. Since the general question is "is rep worth it?" and if the answer is "it isn't really" then make it a fun thing at least. For example, a "wanker" button, a "gooner" button, a "tits out" button, etc etc More interaction, more buy-in. Win win for TFC. :thumbs up:

Last edited:
Disagree doesn't actually give you a negative score, it's neutral. It's only dislike which adds to the neg rep score.

I could hide the negative score everywhere but keep the buttons on the posts. That might work actually.
81% of the forum seems to want it to stay as it is. So really just be about appeasing the one or two who have wound enough people up to get negged a lot and are now playing the victim game.

Last edited:
Keep it, but limit how many you can chore out per day.
But if it's limited to 10, and @ sammyspurs sammyspurs posts 11 times in one day, how am I meant to dislike all of them? I can't wait til the next day - I won't be able to sleep knowing Sammy might think I agree with one of his posts...

:holtbytongue:

On a serious note, voted to keep as is. Not really bothered about my rep. What I don't like is someone disliking and then not posting in that thread to explain why. That "press and run" approach defeats the fucking object of the forum!
I do like being able to like, agree and funny posts though.

And receiving them makes me feel :dude:

Leave it as it is. Saves us from tons of posts saying "I agree!" or whatever. Don't want this forum looking like COYS!

(Yes, I realize the irony in that this might already have been said and that I, according to my own argument, should've "agreed" with that post instead of making a new one. But I didn't read any posts after the first one...)

Main problem IMO is that new members don't always understand the difference between disagree and dislike. Clearly one is a reasonably polite way of saying that you don't agree with someone's post, and the other is there for calling someone out for saying something cuntish. Just rename them appropriately, and we're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom