Re: Saha in?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paydro said:
Sibs said:
Think it was Dr Winston on twitter, who pointed out that when you play with two out and out forwards this is what happens.

Now, I don't want to get in to the 'do we play better without VdV?' argument again - he is great player, BUT i do think that Saha, at least last night, seems like a much better natural accompaniment for Adebayor than we have seen from Defoe or VdV so far this season.

All great players, but I think it is knowing where and when to play them.

Will reserve full judgement until we have played a team that actually offer some sort of threat, but it does appear that Saha and Adebayor could be a good partnership - which presents us with another great problem, considering he was only brought in to replace Pav.

There's a whole other way of looking at it Sibs mate, VDV occupies a whole other part of the pitch than Ade or Saha, he's a creative playmaking midfielder who also gets stuck in and puts in a shift running his bollox off everytime he puts on the shirt and fights for a win. Ade pulls out right all the time as I'm sure most have noticed and loves running the channel then Saha is a pretty complete forward too with a very good eye for goal.

-----------Gomes
-------Kaboul----King
Walker----------------Benni
------------Parker
-------VDV------Modric
Ade---------Saha-------Bale

IMO that is now our strongest line up everybody fit and on form

we've also got some great depth all over the pitch

Gomes? :sandro:

Re: Ade & Saha

Aleksic said:
Did they ever play together for Metz? Heard someone claim they did.

The guardian reported this:

"How many managers – one or two of them from neighbouring London clubs – failed to appreciate what Scott Parker, even at the dawn of his fourth decade, could bring to a side in exchange for a minimal fee? And how many would have taken the chance on giving a six-month contract to the 32-year-old Louis Saha, seemingly a permanent victim of injury during his time at Old Trafford and Goodison Park? Renewing an acquaintanceship with Emmanuel Adebayor first formed at Metz a dozen years ago, Saha scored two and set up his new strike partner's goal."

Is it wrong to neg rep anyone who talks about GDS getting another chance?

Half decent player, not suited to the league with a poor attitude. please get over this otherwise i'm going to go all Bruce Banner on you.

For me the benefit of having Saha in the squad is that it gives us options. That’s what it’s all about really, having the options to mix things up depending on who we are playing.

So maybe one day it will be better to have VDV in the middle and Ade up front on his own, another day we play a more traditional 442. With Ade and Saha. Etc…

Really with a fully fit squad we’ve got so much strength and variety of quality, this is what wins titles! It’s a privileged position and one we've rarely had the luxury of being in.

I’d say the only weakness at the moment is lack of cover on the wings, because we’re forever playing a CM out of position when we need cover there.

Paydro said:
-----------Gomes
-------Kaboul----King
------------Parker
-------VDV------Modric

Thats the way Saha Saha I like it
Saha Saha

I cant take credit - Jace_Ace_UK on Spurs Od came up with that.

paddyspurs said:
Aleksic said:
Renewing an acquaintanceship with Emmanuel Adebayor first formed at Metz a dozen years ago,
I think acquaintanceship is as far as it goes though - according to wikipedia, admittidly not the best source they never played for the first team in the same season.......talking of wikipedia has anyone noticed Adebayor's assistance stats for other clubs? virtually non-existant......

chumpafoo said:
paddyspurs said:
Aleksic said:
Renewing an acquaintanceship with Emmanuel Adebayor first formed at Metz a dozen years ago,
I think acquaintanceship is as far as it goes though - according to wikipedia, admittidly not the best source they never played for the first team in the same season.......talking of wikipedia has anyone noticed Adebayor's assistance stats for other clubs? virtually non-existant......

Non-existant or non-assistant...? :adegrin:

paddyspurs said:
Paydro said:
Sibs said:
Think it was Dr Winston on twitter, who pointed out that when you play with two out and out forwards this is what happens.

Now, I don't want to get in to the 'do we play better without VdV?' argument again - he is great player, BUT i do think that Saha, at least last night, seems like a much better natural accompaniment for Adebayor than we have seen from Defoe or VdV so far this season.

All great players, but I think it is knowing where and when to play them.

Will reserve full judgement until we have played a team that actually offer some sort of threat, but it does appear that Saha and Adebayor could be a good partnership - which presents us with another great problem, considering he was only brought in to replace Pav.

There's a whole other way of looking at it Sibs mate, VDV occupies a whole other part of the pitch than Ade or Saha, he's a creative playmaking midfielder who also gets stuck in and puts in a shift running his bollox off everytime he puts on the shirt and fights for a win. Ade pulls out right all the time as I'm sure most have noticed and loves running the channel then Saha is a pretty complete forward too with a very good eye for goal.

-----------Gomes
-------Kaboul----King
------------Parker
-------VDV------Modric

Gomes? :sandro:

lol I was half cut

drwinston001 said:
In fairness to Defoe, if you look at his performances when he's started alongside Ade this season they've both looked good and so has the team. Liverpool 4-0 was those two wasn't it?

Adebayor can play on his own but obviously prefers a partner.

I'm massively pro playing two strikers but that doesn't mean dropping vdV. As Paydro says if there's a way to have vdV in the team then so be it, however I personally don't think it's possible simply because unless he's playing No.10 there are players better suited to those positions and playing 4123 or variant of is too attacking. Now vdV could play on the same position as Niko did but then you're losing Lennon and quite frankly vdV says he doesn't enjoy playing in those positions which in my opinion says a lot. Playing vdV in his favourite position is detrimental to the overall team which considering some of his match winning performances etc sounds crazy but it's true (IMO).

Much like Keane at one point who was slowing down play constantly, dropping too deep and trying to do everything himself, vdV has to learn there are other players in the side and more importantly there are better players in the side.

it's almost like you didn't comprehend a single point in my post lol

I think we have to take into account how shit Newcastle's midfield was on saturday before jumping on the 4-4-2 Saha and Adebayor bandwagon. Yes of course it was a fantastic performance, but who's to say we don't knock five in them with Van der Vaart instead Saha?
Modric and Parker absolutely dominated a Toon Midfield that was missing Tiote and Cabaye. Van der Vaart wouldn't have had to play back nearly as much as he usually would have.

ChiTownSpurs said:
I think we have to take into account how shit Newcastle's midfield was on saturday before jumping on the 4-4-2 Saha and Adebayor bandwagon. Yes of course it was a fantastic performance, but who's to say we don't knock five in them with Van der Vaart instead Saha?
Modric and Parker absolutely dominated a Toon Midfield that was missing Tiote and Cabaye. Van der Vaart wouldn't have had to play back nearly as much as he usually would have.

Completely agree. Danny Guthrie and James Perch lol

Newcastle got killed in midfield but that was always going to happen with Perch and Guthrie up against Modric, Kranjcar and Parker. Cisse and Ba got fuck all service. We've been playing 433 though with Bale, Lennon and Ade playing uptop and VDV dropping into a midfield 3. Alot like with Modric it took Harry alittle time to best figure out how to fit VDV into our team and a middle 3 of Parker, Modric and VDV dominates the shit out of most everyone. They all run themselves into the deck and the latter two can dictate possesion with ease.

Back
Top Bottom