Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They were far from class under Ramos.

Eriksen could be better than Modric as he has goals in him. A decent manager will get that out of him.

Time will tell...

I didn't say they were but they were and are class players, just needed a bit of motivation.

Of course Eriksen has more goals in him, he typically plays further forward than Modric does.

Yes you stated he had an instant impact because he had "unbelievable players", and when asked who these were you mentioned 2 players that were sold years later who had barely had any impact at all prior to his arrival.

I expect if he arrived now and got soldado scoring and lamela playing you would claim they were incredible players.

It is irrelevant how much impact they had prior to his arrival, the fact is he had players like that at his disposal. Players who even at their worst were too good to be languishing bottom of the league.

Thats how he got the best out of his squad...none of this "dont fit the system" bollox.....or "he doesnt listen to me"
So stop following tottenham then? I really don't understand. If you're so unhappy with how things are, yet you have absolutely no power and can't change a thing and its going to continue then why carry on? Even if you don't want to support another team, just relax, and withdraw from the situation. There are plenty of other hobbies. Why would you persist with something you're clearly so unhappy with? Thats fucked up!

Its not like you're just being honest and fair either, you're openly saying you don't like how things are at the club! You wouldn't vote for a political party that you disagreed with, you wouldn't eat in a restaurant who's food you didn't like... so why are you continuing to come on here talking about tottenham? I thought you didn't even go to games? So all you lose is time spent on the internet, talking to strangers on a forum. I just really don't understand.

In some areas.
In others we have stood still.
In others we have regressed.

Because we are not.
In some areas we have progressed.

Here is where I stand:
In some areas we have progressed
Okaaaaayy.... thank you for stating what is obvious of probably every season ever played.

But the question did not ask rather riduclously whether we've progressed in ALL areas. It very simply asked whether you feel we've progressed, full stop. But I get it, you've made it clear you don't want to commit to answering the more pertinent question. The implication (which you are doing nothing to dispel) being that it would undercut your agenda to answer diredctly.

Okaaaaayy.... thank you for stating what is obvious of probably every season ever played.

But the question did not ask rather riduclously whether we've progressed in ALL areas. It very simply asked whether you feel we've progressed, full stop. But I get it, you've made it clear you don't want to commit to answering the more pertinent question. The implication (which you are doing nothing to dispel) being that it would undercut your agenda to answer diredctly.

Ok so the question, in your opinion, can only be answered YES WE HAVE PROGRESSED

I think its you with agenda to be honest

Last edited:

:kaboullol:

Last edited:
He could always email the club with his ideas on how to change things....I can picture Levy's response...

Ok so the questioned, in your opinion, can only be answered YES WE HAVE PROGRESSED

I think its you with agenda to be honest
Thank you for answering the question honestly. There's nothing wrong with that and it wasn't so hard to do. Having acknowledged that we have progressed, you are certainly welcome to offer your opinions on where we need to continue the progress.

Thank you for answering the question honestly. There's nothing wrong with that and it wasn't so hard to do. Having acknowledged that we have progressed, you are certainly welcome to offer your opinions on where we need to continue the progress.

I had already acknowledged certain areas that we had progressed in. I never denied we had progressed in those areas.

You took that as null and void because I also think we have stood still and regressed in more areas than we have gone forward.

Its very funny your hysterical and obssessive efforts in making me admit something I already stood by.

I wonder, however, if you are as comfortable acknowledging that our faults at this stage, outweigh the pros.

But also proving very effective at motivating players who are committed to the cause. The likes of Kaboul, Ade, Capoue etc. are lost causes, why waste time on them.

Waste time on them? They are lost causes to managers who cant motivate them.

You talk about Harry motivating the players like its part and parcel.....he could as well have exiled half the squad, citing them as relegation fodder who had no pride in the shirt.
He got very good seasons out of the likes of BAE, Kaboul and Ade.

Like I said, Poch is proving its not quite so simple. Its all very well motivating someone who doesnt need motivating. Dropping those that do is also an easy way out.

Waste time on them? They are lost causes to managers who cant motivate them.

You talk about Harry motivating the players like its part and parcel.....he could as well have exiled half the squad, citing them as relegation fodder who had no pride in the shirt.
He got very good seasons out of the likes of BAE, Kaboul and Ade.

Like I said, Poch is proving its not quite so simple. Its all very well motivating someone who doesnt need motivating. Dropping those that do is also an easy way out.
The thing is, i distinctly remember at the time, redknapps biggest criticism was that he didn't rotate enough. And certain players barely got a look in? He had his favourites.
How is what MP is doing with Ade and Kaboul, really any different to what redknapp did with giovanni dos santos adel tarrabt and david bentley?

The thing is, i distinctly remember at the time, redknapps biggest criticism was that he didn't rotate enough. And certain players barely got a look in? He had his favourites.
How is what MP is doing with Ade and Kaboul, really any different to what redknapp did with giovanni dos santos adel tarrabt and david bentley?
Except that Ade and Kaboul (Ade more so) have been key parts of a side that finished 4th and those three players you listed are total wank.

You can't rotate if you don't trust the players coming in, if Poch doesn't trust Soldado (and let's be honest who would blame him) he is going to be reluctant to play him, same with many others players in the sqaud.

Know one fully knows the ins and outs of the club but with every manager that comes in you hardly feel it's their squad, it's Levy's and they just work with what they have got. Of course that means whether Redknapp, AVB, SHerwood or now Poch only 14-15 players get regularly used. This is an issue that needs to be addressed and I am not sure you can blame it on the managers.

Back
Top Bottom