Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

like waking up an angry bear.
bungle.jpg

Anyone else notice Harry Kane waiting in the same spot behind the wall from where he scored at Hull...I wonder if this was something they've been training at all season, or is it something they are now incorporating...

Getting to halfway through the season, and so far I'm not really convinced tbh. Yes, he's been unlucky with the shower of shite he's had to put on the pitch.

But around the time he joined us, I read an article written by a Southampton fan that spelled out what Poch was REALLY like as a manger, beyond all the media hype. Looking back, a lot of it was absolutely spot on.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/35159/

Sample:
2. Team Selection
As mentioned Pochettino is very rigid when it comes to team selections, he likes to stick to the same core of players barring injury and substitutions were very predictable, always like for like and never changing the tactics even when it clearly merited it.

4. Tactics
As mentioned previously if we went behind we did not win a game, looking at all the results, astonishingly this was the case throughout Pochettino's time at the club, in his four wins in his first season, none came after the opposition scored first, this is a damning indictment of his tactical nous, if im honest I have to say that as a coach Pochettino is great, he knows how to get a team working for each other and passing the ball, but as a manager he lacks that decision making and ability to change a game.

Getting to halfway through the season, and so far I'm not really convinced tbh. Yes, he's been unlucky with the shower of shite he's had to put on the pitch.

But around the time he joined us, I read an article written by a Southampton fan that spelled out what Poch was REALLY like as a manger, beyond all the media hype. Looking back, a lot of it was absolutely spot on.

Sample:
So you're saying we haven't won a game under him when the opponents scored first? Interesting.

Mate, read the article. 6 months ago Soton fans were complaining about stuff like his team selection, and inability to change a match through subs or tactics. 6 months later Tottenham fans are complaining about stuff like his team selection and inability to change a match through subs or tactics.

Mate, read the article. 6 months ago Soton fans were complaining about stuff like his team selection, and inability to change a match through subs or tactics. 6 months later Tottenham fans are complaining about stuff like his team selection and inability to change a match through subs or tactics.

I didn't read the article, I read what you posted in combination with the bits out of the article you quoted. You're not making your point very clear, but fair enough.

Sample:

How is it spot on? He's used all 3 forwards, he's used Lennon and Lamela, he's dropped Townsend, rotated Chadli, Brought through Mason, brought in Bentaleb, dropped Dembele and Capoue, used Naughton, Dier and Chiriches at RB, rotated Davies and Rose, dropped Kaboul for Fazio, brought back Vertonghen. Only team selection stubbornness is Lloris who has been single handedly winning us points on a number of occasions.

As for point 2 he's used 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and has won something like 4 games from losing positions.

I mean hell even the "the players work for each other" is wrong when it comes to us. Reason for that? It's our moronic shithead players of which only a small number actually give a fuck while the rest rob the club of a wage. Coincidentally enough which is also the people that should be shouldering almost ALL of the criticism along with the board and Baldini

I didn't read the article, I read what you posted in combination with the bits out of the article you quoted. You're not making your point very clear, but fair enough.
What? I've just spelled it out to you. Do you need me to finish your dinner for you as well?

I say save the transfer money and admit you were wrong, sack the ******* and bring FDB or Kloppe in…This is another Martin Jol or maybe worse, Ramos or AVB?. (BTW I am a huge MJ fan, but he is not the manager to maintain top 4 and win trophies)

But it's not gonna happen because the source of everything wrong in this club (i.e., Daniel Levy) is still there

:cool:

I say save the transfer money and admit you were wrong, sack the ******* and bring FDB or Kloppe in…This is another Martin Jol or maybe worse, Ramos or AVB?. (BTW I am a huge MJ fan, but he is not the manager to maintain top 4 and win trophies)

But it's not gonna happen because the source of everything wrong in this club (i.e., Daniel Levy) is still there

:cool:
If there was a SPURS FAN TV......you would be our Claude

How is it spot on? He's used all 3 forwards, he's used Lennon and Lamela, he's dropped Townsend, rotated Chadli, Brought through Mason, brought in Bentaleb, dropped Dembele and Capoue, used Naughton, Dier and Chiriches at RB, rotated Davies and Rose, dropped Kaboul for Fazio, brought back Vertonghen. Only team selection stubbornness is Lloris who has been single handedly winning us points on a number of occasions.

As for point 2 he's used 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and has won something like 4 games from losing positions.

I mean hell even the "the players work for each other" is wrong when it comes to us. Reason for that? It's our moronic shithead players of which only a small number actually give a fuck while the rest rob the club of a wage. Coincidentally enough which is also the people that should be shouldering almost ALL of the criticism along with the board and Baldini

I’m not talking about rotation, I’m talking about team selection. e.g. starting Lamela against Palace today, knowing Dier would need as much protection as possible. Not starting Kane earlier in the season despite everyone crying out for it.

Let’s not overstate the winning games from losing positions either. Everton was great yeah, but Villa was a deflected free kick and Hull was a 90th minute winner, both against 10 men. Not because of some tactical masterstroke.

I’m not shitting on everything Poch has done. He’s essentially started with one hand tied behind his back. I reckon he needs two transfer windows before anyone can properly critique him. But if you can’t see some parallels between what Soton fans were saying there and what we’ve seen so far, you’re fooling yourself mate.

I’m not talking about rotation, I’m talking about team selection. e.g. starting Lamela against Palace today, knowing Dier would need as much protection as possible. Not starting Kane earlier in the season despite everyone crying out for it.

Let’s not overstate the winning games from losing positions either. Everton was great yeah, but Villa was a deflected free kick and Hull was a 90th minute winner, both against 10 men. Not because of some tactical masterstroke.

I’m not shitting on everything Poch has done. He’s essentially started with one hand tied behind his back. I reckon he needs two transfer windows before anyone can properly critique him. But if you can’t see some parallels between what Soton fans were saying there and what we’ve seen so far, you’re fooling yourself mate.

So Dier needs protection from the team in 15th in league and a left winger who spent most of his career bouncing around the likes of Barnet, Plymouth and Bristol City? And it's Pochettino's fault that he can't rely on a guy that scored 15 goals in 33 games to perform against the mighty Joel Ward and Speroni?

Ok

Fact that we are desperately calling for Lennon at all shows just how utterly shit our players are and how awful Baldini is at his job

So Dier needs protection from the team in 15th in league and a left winger who spent most of his career bouncing around the likes of Barnet, Plymouth and Bristol City?
Um, yeah. Clearly.
And it's Pochettino's fault that he can't rely on a guy that scored 15 goals in 33 games to perform against the mighty Joel Ward and Speroni?
No.

Ok

Fact that we are desperately calling for Lennon at all shows just how utterly shit our players are and how awful Baldini is at his job
Yeah. Don't think anyone has disputed that one.

Back
Top Bottom