Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
next summer we will need Left sided CH (jan replacement) Toby's replacement, Right back, 1 or 2 DM's
does Levy trust Poch to pick the right players ?
with his record on players i'm not sure Levy will give him the money we need

We can talk all day long about the players we think we need.

It's about having a mamager whoever that is who can inspire, cajole, develop and lead that comes ahead of the obvious.

5 years ago that was the man 5 years in who seems to be losing all that in translation.

I do training. One if the best lines is the 'THE MESSAGE OF THE COMMUNICATION IS THE RESPONSE YOU GET"

I don't want Tottenham to be a club who replaces a well-liked, respected manager in the first quarter of a season after a very bad result and a mediocre run.

Obviously based on the above, I voted Poch In but there's no disguising the fact that I'm concerned about our form. Still would rather give him the full season though and see how things are at that point. We're Spurs, we're not the fucking Chavs.

It is absolutely possible for our manager and squad to turn this season around. I think shipping 7(!) at home is FAAAR more likely to be a wake-up call than defeats by Newcastle or Leicester.

If come December it's still looking bleak, I'm sure I'll be more receptive to Poch Out, but for now I'll grit my teeth and continue to defend him and believe.

The sooner he's out the better.

I don't think we'd get hammered 2-7 or lose on penalties to Colchester without a manager.

It's been stale for a year. Performances have been shit for the entire duration and we are now getting the results our performances deserve.

Poch is a clueless, inept, bitter, egotistical man and he can go and write his next book about how not winning anything makes him a top manager.

We can talk all day long about the players we think we need.

It's about having a mamager whoever that is who can inspire, cajole, develop and lead that comes ahead of the obvious.

5 years ago that was the man 5 years in who seems to be losing all that in translation.

I do training. One if the best lines is the 'THE MESSAGE OF THE COMMUNICATION IS THE RESPONSE YOU GET"

Lots of posters angry at other posters.

I think dealing with their doubts over Poch Is going to be close to stress levels of a break up for som.
Club first ALWAYS.

I wont batter an eyelid if he walks today....the club is here and thats what matters. Hero worship is not healthy, and people turned it into a sect.

Now they are lashing out those they now agree with. Must be a weird feeling.

Not about to wet my knickers ..been here so many times before ..wrong time to press the panic button and fall completley back into mid table shite .. theres obviously things wrong backstage ..i 'll give poch the benefit ..as ive said eleswhere ..we've played some of the best stuff since burkinshaw under poch.. after years having the piss taken by them cunts down the road he lifted us above them he deserves the opportunity to work through this..its no time to fuck him off..get behind him.

The squad carried Poch. His limitations remain as vulnerable as they were 5 years ago. The man can't learn because he writes books about not winning.

I always thought that was a cringeworthy embarrassment but thought at the time he still had the potential for huge upside, titles and the like. The evidence since has shown that to be untrue. He is limited and egotistical and as I have said many a time before, he will never win a trophy in his career.

I don't think Poch is able to buy the right players. Since he has been at the club our transfer record is poor overall. Not good enough

I think he struggles massively when it comes to identifying quality before it's mainstream. I don't think he quite knows what he wants and what he's looking for or what's required to plug gaps a lot of the time.

I've said before that I want to see him blend big name signings with artful deals from lower league clubs across Europe. He doesn't seem bothered about unearthing the next Mahrez or Kante which worries me greately.

The warning signs were there when he spurned the chance to sign David Brooks for £10m. Is it that he wasn't too keen on him or that he didn't come with a big enough name or reputation? I have always been dubious about Pochettino's goings on in the transfer market, have been since he chose to never be proactive with an Eriksen replacement or competition.

I think he can sign talented footballers, but to get them working cohesivelyand in tandem with 10 other men is where I think he comes up a little short.

See this just makes me want to keep Poch. I mean, is this what we have to look forward to if he goes? Can we really do no better? It's fucking depressing if the best we can look forward to is managers who have failed elsewhere.
Certainly not an exhaustive list of possibilities, purely who I would like to be in charge.

I’m not really sure you are going to get your wish of a manager who has never failed. I’m not sure such a person exists. Even Pep, who is a serial winner and regarded by many as best in the world, has failed in Europe for years. Every manager carries failure.

My three choices all know what it takes to win trophies, to win leagues, whereas our present manager has no such experience.

It's all been said but as much as I love Poch he really lucked out by having Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Jan, Toby and Son all hitting their peak at the same time.

Best squad in a generation and we've won nothing.

Does anyone seriously think that Mourhino, Conte or Allegri with that exact same squad wouldn't have won at least something by now?

Lots of posters angry at other posters.

I think dealing with their doubts over Poch Is going to be close to stress levels of a break up for som.
Club first ALWAYS.

I wont batter an eyelid if he walks today....the club is here and thats what matters. Hero worship is not healthy, and people turned it into a sect.

Now they are lashing out those they now agree with. Must be a weird feeling.

Absolutely spot on. The same will happen with those who do the same with Boris Johnson if I may bring a political analogy to the table.

Unless something dramatic occurs it's just a matter of when Pochettino goes as in next week, next month or a bit longer.

The painful reality, as in failed relationships that sometimes go wrong is that is life. It happens because the signs are not heeded however they come to present themselves.

Our squad of players has no right losing 2-7 to any team, of losing to Colchester and now being on 15 defeats in 45 games.

What other outcome can there be unless marriage guidance can pull salvation from the jaws of divorce?

But life goes on. THFC always comes FIRST.

I don’t want him replaced by a temporary manager... too many transitions. We either get a top replacement lined up or stick with him until a better option becomes available. I feel levy could think the same so he will be around for a while yet.
More chance of somebody permanent coming in just before the transfer window so they can make player changes. Interim manager just to try and regain some sort of order and clarity in the dressing room. No need for hasty decisions, bring in a night watchman and take time to consider all options.

What else is there to say ... anyone who writes an essay on how bad things are needs to get a life ... you probably can't remember going to Anfield for 30 years without a win ... or losing 21 EPL games at Old Trafford ... but most of us can

Sure we're still a bit short ... but we're 10 times better than we were two decades ago ... take the positives stop always crying about the negatives ... reading about your never ending sorrow, that really is very depressing for the rest of us.
Just so I know, how bad do things have to get before the “we used to be more shit than this” rule doesn’t apply?

If shipping seven goals at home and getting knocked out of a cup by a village team isn’t the line, what is? Bottom half? Relegation?

Or do we just leave invoking the past as it does no good? To suggest anything that is happening now has anything to do with how shit we were in the nineties is nonsense.

If we consider it acceptable, we should also be happy to say that things are presently so good compared to the nineties, yet so much more crap than the eighties or sixties. Again though, no bearing on getting bummed 2-7.

Just so I know, how bad do things have to get before the “we used to be more shit than this” rule doesn’t apply?

If shipping seven goals at home and getting knocked out of a cup by a village team isn’t the line, what is? Bottom half? Relegation?

Or do we just leave invoking the past as it does no good? To suggest anything that is happening now has anything to do with how shit we were in the nineties is nonsense.

If we consider it acceptable, we should also be happy to say that things are presently so good compared to the nineties, yet so much more crap than the eighties or sixties. Again though, no bearing on getting bummed 2-7.

It never applies .... we support our club, our manager, our players come what may ... the only good thing about this thread is at least all the entitled crybabies are now in one place ...

Wallow in your misery all you want ... if that's what makes you happy you go for it ...

How long has he earned though? We have been shit for 9 months and we are in relegation form. Do we wait a year? Two years? Do we drop down to the Championship? Do we wait for Kane to leave?

Most managers when they go through a spell like this, they change something. The formation, the selection, the tactics. Poch wheels out the same 442 diamond and we keep losing. It’s becoming insane. No doubt this squad has peaked and is on the downslope, but this can’t be the best we can do with these players. What’s the harm in trying a 433 or a 352? Can it be worse than losing 7-2?

No, you don't get it.
Poch has a plan -

"We need to stay calm"
"We need to stay together"
We just have to do same thing over and over and over again. Never use DM, always trust players that are loyal to you. Change nothing.
Wait for a miracle :thumbup:

It never applies .... we support our club, our manager, our players come what may ... the only good thing about this thread is at least all the entitled crybabies are now in one place ...

Wallow in your misery all you want ... if that's what makes you happy you go for it ...
How on earth would wallowing in misery make me happy?

I worry about you sometimes.

Get Mourinho in.

I've NEVER in my life seen a team recover with the same manager after a poor run of form like this. It's gone on whole of 2019.

There is no way we play like the spurs we've grown to love over last 5 years. Now is the time, get a winner in like mourinho and see what he can do.

Our squad at full strength is really strong, first team and bench.

The players are trying but the team is not working together and giving up, after 5 years only person buck falls with is the manager. I don't get the impression the players would die for him as they would have a few seasons back.

IMO a strong manager right now would be fucking the players that are stalling to sign and causing us problems no game time. Grit your teeth and bench them, let the lads that aren't thinking of leaving play. Otherwise before you know it, the ones stalling to get paid big elsewhere will be gone anyway then you're left with players who possibly want to leave as the boss hasn't trusted them.

Sanchez being parked for Toby and Jan, yet both could be gone end of the season and sanchez has years on both.

What happens if Sanchez says fuck this im off aswell?

Back
Top Bottom