PMs (Conversations) - who can PM who?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I tried to send a message earlier to a forum member to ask their opinion on something, but it says I can't message them...

Does that mean they have me on 'ignore'? Can't be, as they react to my posts.
Does it mean they have specifically excluded me from people who can message them?
Does it mean they have done a widespread 'only these few people can message me' and hence blocked everyone else from doing so?

Is there any private way to ask them to allow me message them?

It's someone I often disagree with, but whose opinion I'd be interested in, and I do 'come in peace', so hopefully they'd allow one message at least...

???

I tried to send a message earlier to a forum member to ask their opinion on something, but it says I can't message them...

Does that mean they have me on 'ignore'? Can't be, as they react to my posts.
Does it mean they have specifically excluded me from people who can message them?
Does it mean they have done a widespread 'only these few people can message me' and hence blocked everyone else from doing so?

Is there any private way to ask them to allow me message them?

It's someone I often disagree with, but whose opinion I'd be interested in, and I do 'come in peace', so hopefully they'd allow one message at least...

???

There's options regarding 'Start conversations with you' here. I expect they've got that set to either 'People I follow' or 'Nobody'.

All you can do is message them on the forum or possibly write a message on their profile asking for a private conversation - this can also depend on those settings above though.

Back
Top Bottom