Players you hated/disliked who then joined us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Adebayor, Gallas, Clint Dempsey, Brad Friedel (nothing against the human but I thought he was gash, he did OK though), Brown and Bale the 2nd time around.
Actually thought Friedel was a top bloke and a top keeper.

Deserved to keep his place at first when Lloris arrived - also setting the consecutive games record. I never felt he truly deserved to get dropped when he did other than Lloris growing impatient.

A slight twist to this (answering a question that wasn’t asked), I hated Spurs for signing Steve Archibald and hated him for going.

I didn’t get bitten by the Spurs bug until the 81 cup final, but had already been an Aberdeen fan since 78. And to see you shower of cunts steal Stevie from my beloved Dons was a step my seven year old brain found it tough to cope with.

Turns out we replaced him with Mark McGhee, who turned out to be truly spectacular, so no harm done and it felt good to get Stevie back in my good books for his last couple of seasons with Tottenham.

Bloody hell forgot Cundy and Thatcher, Pair of cunts, not a fan of Jamie Redknapp never looked like he wanted to be here, where as his dad really loved it he seems like he was above us.

Richarlison is a dick but I don’t hate him. Out of our current squad Lo Celso annoys me most, like Spurs was a chore he only seems to want to play for Argentina. As for Maddison he was a bit chavy when young but last 3-4 years has really grown up so no issues.

Ok let's get it out there. I've NEVER liked Gareth Bale the person. Player was god like. Somehow never warmed to him and think he never really got us.

I think Bale is just a bit haughty or comes across that way. Madrid fans never took to him either despite him winning them multiple cups with brilliant individual performances.

I think its becaues of this picture. Something very weird about it.

179121480_1845175962323294_2829189827259246832_n.jpg

"Something"

EVERYTHING!!!

giphy.gif

Spurs fans were euphoric that we got Klinsmann. When he got his first goal and dived, that sealed the deal.

I cannot recall anyone hating us getting him or hating him at all.

Mind you, t'internet wasn't around then.
He was demonised in Italia 90. Once he joined us that was quickly forgotten.

The dive against Wednesday definitely shifted the consensus.

Spurs fans were euphoric that we got Klinsmann. When he got his first goal and dived, that sealed the deal.

He was German and a cheating diving German at that - there were plenty who didn’t want him originally but like you say once he started banging the goals in and playing with a smile on his face not to mention his charm and articulate interviews he soon won people round

He was demonised in Italia 90. Once he joined us that was quickly forgotten.

The dive against Wednesday definitely shifted the consensus.

Diving at the time was also quite new for our league or at least wasn’t accepted in the way it is now. But quality is quality and he was quality.

His first run out for us in a pre season at Watford was mental.
We took over Watford town centre that day.
Don't remember anyone being disappointed about signing him. It was massive at the time.

Diving at the time was also quite new for our league or at least wasn’t accepted in the way it is now. But quality is quality and he was quality.
Can't remember who it was, possibly a Portsmouth player, but he dived in a game in the late 90s and got a huge amount of abuse.

Bale did too really. Kane still does.

*edit - getting abuse, not diving

Tough one really.

I wouldn't say there was a player I really disliked who we have bought.

Like mentioned above, my like for Robbie Keane disappeared once he went to Liverpool and then came back. Didn't have the same buzz.

We've signed some rubbish players over the years, however in my lifetime I can't think of too many that I have really disliked.

If there was ever a player that would full into this category it would be Wilfred Zaha, I just think he's a twat. So please don't ever sign him Spurs!

The question is, what you thought about him the day before we signed him.

The second I found out we'd bought hm I did the swiftest volte face in history.

Back
Top Bottom