Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah because he had a good game after 3 months of backwards playing shite.

One game, that's all it was.
Him and Kane have had the least rest. I'd guess he's played more games and minutes than anyone in the squad because we don't have any player who can play his role, even against weak teams.

He was superb the first half of the season when he had energy. He's absolutely exhausted. It makes sense his form has dropped.

Him and Kane have had the least rest. I'd guess he's played more games and minutes than anyone in the squad because we don't have any player who can play his role, even against weak teams.

He was superb the first half of the season when he had energy. He's absolutely exhausted. It makes sense his form has dropped.
If he only has energy for half a season he's useless.

We never heard abour Wanyama being tired the season he was the best midfielder in the EPL, and he was vastly more dynamic and physically impressive and assertive.

So 3 months of doing what Jose told him to do...
Last minute of the Man Ure game, trailing 2-1 we get a free kick 20 yards inside our own half, Dier prepares to take.

Do you think even Jose, and his arsehole tactics demanded that Carlsberg sprinted 30 yards backwards to play a 5 yard square pass to Dier, get it back and play another square pass to Rodon?

Say what you like about Jose, even he's not that fucking defensive.

Last minute of the Man Ure game, trailing 2-1 we get a free kick 20 yards inside our own half, Dier prepares to take.

Do you think even Jose, and his arsehole tactics demanded that Carlsberg sprinted 30 yards backwards to play a 5 yard square pass to Dier, get it back and play another square pass to Rodon?

Say what you like about Jose, even he's not that fucking defensive.

That sounds exactly what I would expect out of Jose.

If he only has energy for half a season he's useless.

We never heard abour Wanyama being tired the season he was the best midfielder in the EPL, and he was vastly more dynamic and physically impressive and assertive.
There's a reason City is able to be gunning for a triple. They have at least two strong players at each position. No human being can play every game for a European Cup squad and not burn out.

You are so ridiculously silly.

There's a reason City is able to be gunning for a triple. They have at least two strong players at each position. No human being can play every game for a European Cup squad and not burn out.

You are so ridiculously silly.
We don't have one strong player in midfield. If you think Carlsberg is good enough for a team going for the treble it is you that is ridiculously silly.

But somehow Carlsberg being tired by the end of December is one of the greatest excuses I've ever heard.

3 months? He's been off form for a month tops. Before that he was one of our best players.
Agreed.

I'll give his bad performances the benefit of the doubt because one can tell fatigue was a big part of the dropout. Next season we'll have Skipp back and possibility another midfielder, so he won't have to play every single minute in the league.

Agreed.

I'll give his bad performances the benefit of the doubt because one can tell fatigue was a big part of the dropout. Next season we'll have Skipp back and possibility another midfielder, so he won't have to play every single minute in the league.
Nathan Clark on the Extra Inch pod ran the numbers. And if we just go by minutes played, Pierre has played over two seasons worth of games this season.

No shit he was going to have off games. He has been run to the ground and will need a few weeks of solid rest to properly recover.

I only got to watch the match recap.

On the 2 Traore counters, PEH was just jogging a couple yards away from him and making no attempt to slow the counter down. He did not look like a defensive mid.

He did well to follow up on the rebound and played a great through ball to Kane as well.

I only got to watch the match recap.

On the 2 Traore counters, PEH was just jogging a couple yards away from him and making no attempt to slow the counter down. He did not look like a defensive mid.

He did well to follow up on the rebound and played a great through ball to Kane as well.

To be fair to Hojbjerg letting Traore run and then waste the ball is probably the best way to defend him. He almost always wastes the ball at the ends of those runs so risking a foul and free kick isn't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom