Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he valuation was in the 20-25 million range and that if we could do something around KWP and slight addition of funds then go ahead but in the transfer thread it says Southampton want 35 million and that someone else has already been willing to meet it.

I know numbers and rumours all need to be taken with a huge grain of salt but if we are getting that high than my desire to add him in much lower. One of the benefits of adding him was the price would have been right to allow us to make additional adds. He gets costs enough that it prevents us from getting other players that is a problem.

He should be part of the adds not the big add to the club this offseason.

I thought he valuation was in the 20-25 million range and that if we could do something around KWP and slight addition of funds then go ahead but in the transfer thread it says Southampton want 35 million and that someone else has already been willing to meet it.

I know numbers and rumours all need to be taken with a huge grain of salt but if we are getting that high than my desire to add him in much lower. One of the benefits of adding him was the price would have been right to allow us to make additional adds. He gets costs enough that it prevents us from getting other players that is a problem.

He should be part of the adds not the big add to the club this offseason.
If that figure was met he would go them, I think we may have a chance here but it may drag on until October

Take him we need a proper defensive minded player and looks like he is actually an option. Tired of our unbalanced midfield with number 8’s who can’t defend. Might allow our midfielders to play their game better.

If it comes down to a swap of KWP for Hojbjerg, I'm not sure I like that deal.

He doesn't impress me and we already have enough not impressive midfielders. KWP still needs to prove himself, but we are dying for another RB option at the moment.

He doesn't impress me and we already have enough not impressive midfielders. KWP still needs to prove himself, but we are dying for another RB option at the moment.
Never a straight swap, more something like KWP + £10m

He has 1 year left on his contract - they know they aren't getting that much for him.

Levy knows they aren't getting that for him either - this is going to go to the wire.

Sigh.
Oh, I don't doubt it. I just laugh at their original £35m valuation given the contract running down.

Quite frankly it's a massive relief that they've supposedly already relented on that. I'd like to think Levy might have learned some lessons from other transfer windows because, quite frankly, £25m isn't too bad for a PL proven player in a position of desperate need.

KWP is dog shit - it’s a great deal for us

Are we really going to spend £18,000,000?

I can only assume if Hojbjerg is set on coming here, he'll just reject Evertons advances and Southampton will start to sweat knowing he'll leave on a free in a years time and we get a reduced cost.

EIther way - this'll go the distance and not as quick as we'd hope.

Back
Top Bottom