Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People must have watched a different game to me.. saw Hojberg make at least 4 missed passes including one that we nearly conceded from
He was very good first 25 mins of the half, very much helped to swing it in our favour, then had a horrendous 10 minute stretch, and was then fine for the end of the game. Funny player.

Came on, did very well. Lost the ball 3 times which almost cost us.

Sigh.
He was very good when he came on and has done consistently this season when he has came on but he always has 5 min spell when he goes and gives the ball away in stupid areas. I’ve always like him and would be a great squad player but he won’t do that again next season. And rightly so.

We had a couple of examples of that in the last few minutes, and with Forest players tired. He was massive for us today, but Angeball demands things that make him a liability.

Not his fault, unlike Bissouma's appalling defensive display.
Spot on anyone screaming for him to start in the games against the top three ( even Newcastle might be problematic) can not have been paying attention. He's great against sides like forest but they will throw him under the bus starting him against City Pool and Arse. The system is like Kryptonite for a player with his limitations. If he would accept this as much as his fans he could still be useful at Spurs for another two seasons.

He was very good when he came on and has done consistently this season when he has came on but he always has 5 min spell when he goes and gives the ball away in stupid areas. I’ve always like him and would be a great squad player but he won’t do that again next season. And rightly so.
He’s been mostly good as an impact player nothing spectacular but he puts him self about which is what you want.His biggest flaw is picking the ball up in the box trying to pass out,he completely loses his cool and panics, it’s happened quite a few times and we’ve conceded goals because of it.

I mean I get why he won't accept he's not a starter. His character has got him this far. Let's face it a fraction of his drive and discipline fused with N'dombeles innate ability and we'd not be 11 off the leaders we'd be toe to toe. But its a shame because he has gifts against lower to mid table sides that sit off and allow that space. But against top players, just no.Partey killed him I don't want to see what Rice or Rodri do.....

Came on, did very well. Lost the ball 3 times which almost cost us.

Sigh.

Can forgive him that, that's purely a lack of match sharpness, not playing enough in this team.
But he's the only player we have currently that can play as a 6. Much better at closing down players, blocking passing lanes, tackling and crucially covering for other players than bissouma who is no defensive mid.

Illustrated perfectly I think it was the 84th min. Again just like nfs goal udogie was casually beaten, and again vdv rushed out of position ; tho this time checked his run a d moved back realising that's an error.

however hojbjerg tracked back and slotted in as a CB to cover vdv had he done the same again.
On Forest's goal bissouma was no where near covering that gap

I like bissouma but he leaves us very open . Can't recall if he was like that at the start

I mean I get why he won't accept he's not a starter. His character has got him this far. Let's face it a fraction of his drive and discipline fused with N'dombeles innate ability and we'd not be 11 off the leaders we'd be toe to toe. But its a shame because he has gifts against lower to mid table sides that sit off and allow that space. But against top players, just no.Partey killed him I don't want to see what Rice or Rodri do.....
Jorginho often used to school him too, far too canny and nimble.

you get the best from PEH and bentancur when paired together. to have that partnership and the biss and sarr one, poste has good options. the two partnerships are so different that they change the dynamic of the setup without actually changing anything else. its down to poste to choose the right midfield for the right opposition.

I owe PEH an apology. For the first time this season, I was genuinely hoping he would start the last few games. Feel so much better with him there even though he is shit in possession, over this version of Bissouma

He is becoming the next Dier.
Seems good then blunders that can cost us games.
Maybe we should send him to Bayern.

Still very much the player we signed from Southampton - diligent and very average, everything he does on a football pitch screams Bournemouth and Everton.
I'm not his biggest fan but I think he's a Europa League level player as opposed to a relegation battler

He would do well for Man utd, Newcastle, west ham and probably wolves

He would do well for Man utd, Newcastle, west ham and probably wolves
200w.gif

Back
Top Bottom