Peter Crouch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

_47785559_009231639-1.jpg

Arguably two of our most important goals for two decades
He gets stick now, but didn't Kaboul cross the ball for this one?

He is a good lad. Not the most gifted of players but done well enough. His career records show that.
He's the fans perfect team member. As you quite rightly say, not the most gifted, but he always put a shift in. As a supporter you cannot choose who is in the team but as long as I see everyone walking off that pitch knackered because they've given everything out there I can ask for no more. Crouchy was one such player. Good luck to the man....

Currie the pundit: "Spurs should sell Kane to United"
Poch gives Jenas and Crouch hugs after the Red Star win.
Currie: Why didn't I get a hug?
Crouch: Because you suggested that Kane should go to United.

The robot strikes again :crouch:

Whatever you think of his footballing talents, the big guy is a very amiable chap and served a few clubs and England over the years and played his part. That goal against City was indeed very memorable.
All the best PC.

As someone not old enough to remember 1991, that goal against City still stands out to me as the most elated, I've been as a Spurs fan. League cup wins were nice and all, but the sheer feeling of unexpected accomplishment that night will not be passed, perhaps ever, and at least not until a PL or CL win.

For that reason alone, he's a legend on a personal level.

And then he just seems such an honest and fun bloke. There's no other Spurs player, I'd rather have a pint, or ten, with down the local.

So you don't think what he did was completely idiotic and guaranteed that we had no chance of progressing any further in our most important European tie for nearly 30 years?

OK.....

I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually Crouch or someone in his family.

As for Ledley (that's how you spell it, by the way) King, he's a club legend and arguably the best defender who ever played for Tottenham.

If you're trying to steer this discussion to his mistake in the 2002 League Cup Final then I have two things to say in response.

1) This was the League Cup, not the latter stages of the biggest club competition in world football, a competition that Tottenham had not played in for 49 years.

2) King was at the start of his career and his mistake could be put down to a lack of big game experience.

What was Crouch's excuse?
King is not a legend. He stole a living from us. Should have retired years and years before he did. Selfish wage thief.

Doesn't sound like interrogation to me but more like t banter :cool:

Peter Crouch recalls humiliating story from Tottenham youth​

The 43-year-old recalled that he would find it quite demeaning and humiliating when asked to describe his love life in detail in front of the senior players in the squad.

The striker insisted that it is not the sort of atmosphere that young kids should be exposed to during their formative years.

The former Spurs man said on That Peter Crouch Podcast: “I remember being in the Tottenham dressing room, going in to pick up my boots and they were like ‘Crouchy, what is your love life like?’

“And you’d have to stand there in front of like 20 first-team players and go ‘well, nothing’ and they’d go ‘are you a virgin?’ and you’d go ‘yeah at the moment’.

“They’d go ‘do you have a girlfriend, have you kissed one yet?’ and you’re standing there as they’re all absolutely buzzing off you as you tell them what you’ve achieved with the opposite sex. There’s nothing worse – horrible, horrible, horrible.

“It was horrible to be a part of. They would say things like ‘well how would you kiss a girl’ and you’d have to practise it on something. You know the back one, you’d have to show your technique. It’s not right. I hope it’s out of the game now, it wasn’t nice for a young lad to be in that environment.”
That sounds like standard stuff that anyone would experience in any walk of life.

3 episodes of this podcast came out today.

Listening now, and not bad so far. Not heard much about us yet though, but apparently he was a Chelsea fan as a kid. Has no affinity for them now though
Finally got around to listening today, I'll be honest, got bored halfway through the 2nd. I've unsubscribed and deleted from the iplayer library. Nothing to do with him, I thought he was good, but those two other blokes with him are typical BBC Blue Peter badge twats. Fake laughs, fake high jinx, Radio 1 feel good skipping through the tulips arseholes.

Back
Top Bottom