Paul Mitchell: Southampton talent chief to join Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So his role has changed slightly...? From scouting to analysis, while retaining recruitment. Not sure what the point is you're trying to make?

The change could be huge or it could be nothing. Either way it annoys me that not only do we buy players and play them out of position, we even do the same with our back room staff.

He was head of recruitment at MK Dons too, so not sure how its a role he's not used to.

Broomfield will be some sort of head of scounting probably, but I'm not sure the 'analysis' bit makes much difference anyway to what he has done before.

Man! that Daniel Levy is sooooooooo smart.. Another example of how to calm everybody down, renew/re-establish fan's hopes. No wonder they are called "FAN"attics.

While I wish this guy all the success and hope he does establish solid foundation for recruitments and development, the real problem at the top is still there, and just like with Redknapp, success will be short lived once Levy (for whatever reason) hits the rest button…

:cool:

He seems to have made some decent signings wherever he's been, but obviously, some less than stellar ones too.

It was very strange what happened at Spurs, and now quite strange the move he's made from the RB Group to Monaco. All interesting projects (inc Southampton and Spurs at the time) with heavy focus on investing in potential but the last two moves were quite odd. I would love to know what really happened at Spurs, for him to have to spend 18 months effectively working off his contract and/or on gardening leave, I mean, having worked at Southampton, it seems odd that he would think Spurs were going to be like PSG or something, he knew our/Levy's MO.

And now he's leaving a very progressive set up, and could have been in line for an even more powerful position with Rangnick seemingly on his way out, for what seems like a kind of sideways step into a less affluent league, all be it for quite a wealthy club in that league.

All decent, interesting projects in their way, but odd that he's left two of them in slightly strange circumstances to take kind of sideways steps.

It could be something as simple as he finds it easy to fall out with people.

Back
Top Bottom