Paul Mitchell resigns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think his work here is done!
...unless he was annoyed that the club didn't follow up his secret dossier on up-and-coming prospect Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and let him slip through their fingers!

Unfortunately they are all now reporting it, some blaming Levy which wouldn't surprise me. As usual we miss good signings because Levy thinks he is shrewd (they all know his form) or doesn't want to spend as he pumping everything into a new ground for his NFL. I would have liked the money to buy top class players and WIN the Champions league then look at a new ground and sicken the nomads next door. Yes I'm not a big fan of Daniel!

To be fair, anyone with a copy of Football Manager could do this "player indentifaction" bollocks. I presume the hard bit is convincing them to join your team

'Head of Player Recruitment' if taken literally would indicate a large part of his job would be selling the club/brand/employer to potential signings. So, the hard bit.

:llorisunsure:

Would help if he got his facts right. Dier joined us prior to Mitchell starting & Pleat got Alli. If he wrote Mitchell was responsible for Fazio & Stambouli (which he was) kind of puts a whole new slant on the article, this is what they call spin.

None the less it is odd that this has come about (both Mitchell & McKenzie) leaving. It was my comfort blanket, a sense that we had football people in place doing football things. I have never liked an agent picking up the phone to Levy trying to offload a player and prefer what I feel is a more sensible approach by targeting specific players for the squad.

No doubt some more detail will be revealed over the coming weeks, let's hope that it is part of a calculated plan rather than a shitstorm.

Seems amicable enough. Seems we're happy with the processes he's put in place and the department he is leaving. In other words, his work is done and he'd like to start elsewhere.

Last edited:
Seems like a Levy hater wrote that article. Can't put all the blame on him without knowing all the facts. We know that he's a control freak, but as there's no such thing as a secret, news of tension would have leaked out before now.
We know he fancied Batshit for ages but, the players bullshit insistence on CL and, possibly a greedy bastard Agent asking for a small country's GDP in wages every week, would not move Levy to shatter the wage structure.
There is more here.

Back
Top Bottom