Parker Captain

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reptile_16 said:
Good work, 50s round of applause...

(though officially England can fuck off and die, no interest whatsoever)

My thoughts exactly, England can do one. Let's hope all the Spurs players come back fit.

The last Spurs England captain was the man who shall not be named (I'm guessing this is in terms of leading the team out and not wearing the armband for 5 minutes).

I hope this stat is wrong.

i couldn't give a toss about the England team even if it would be eleven Spurs players out there , would be interesting though.

Ok i am foreign so its logical in a way that i dont care but i just dont want to see injuries to key players because of a bloody friendly with the NT.

Oh and i will let Parker shag my GF if he launches a so called unfortunate tackle with horrendous results on RVP.

How many England captains of recent times have come from a team outside of the fashionable clubs of the time?

The list of most recent England captains is below...

Barry, Lampard, Rooney, Ferdinand, Terry, Gerrard, Owen, Beckham, Keown, He who shall not be named, Seaman, Shearer, Adams, Ince, Platt, Pearce, Wright, Lineker.

I think its because he can play 90 minutes and we won't whinge, whereas if Gerrard did then Liverpool would moan like hell seeing as they are playing lunchtime Saturday.

YidoBuckler said:
I think its because he can play 90 minutes and we won't whinge, whereas if Gerrard did then Liverpool would moan like hell seeing as they are playing lunchtime Saturday.

Great point!

Good timing. I do believe that Chelsea fans were making a big deal out of Terry being the England captain when we played them in December *chortle*

Good on the lad. Even though I don't give a fuck about England it's good to know for one game at least the captain isn't a complete cunt.

Of more interest to me tonight is van Rapist. Reports everywhere that he's pulled his groin in training and van Marwijk is going to play him anyway. Expect much Gooner wailing if the remaining muscle fibres in his groin decide they've had enough after 8 months of use and tear. Hopefully Super Scott is under instructions to make the cunt turn and stretch as much as possible.

Feels like a lot of people have stopped caring about England at least partly because of the conduct of so many England players off the pitch. So I am happy Parker is England captain, he's the most suitable candidate by far and can hopefully inspire any younger players who wear the shirt.

It's a great achievement for him, despite the negativity around England at the moment, on a personal level he is leading his country and deserves it.

Blanchflower said:
Hopefully someone will maim Van Persie

Well Parker could set a Captain's example, lead from the front and do us ALL a favour!

Seeing as Parker is suspended anyway, I'd also rather Gerrard is saved for the weekend... Liverpool have a VERY IMPORTANT game coming up for us!

for some reason this cheers me up a bit. I always say i dont care about england, but deep down i cant help it.

Having our scotty as the national team captain makes me proud...

Back
Top Bottom