Our New Players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are Our New Players Rubbish

• Yes, from what I have seen up to now

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • No, we have bought well

Votes: 85 92.4%

• Total voters
Don't see your point unless you are backing me up. We were pants last season, and played god damn boring football, got knocked out of 3 competitions and finished 5th. As I predicted, our net spend was zero and we look awful.
Where in that did you say our net spend would be 0? You said Levy wouldn't spend £60m on players... he spent £110m

I rate, Erickson (albiet a tid bit slow) Lamela, Capoue and Paulinho. So far, Chadli needs to prove himself...he has certainly not been an upgrade except for Spurs underwear modeling. That CB I don't think was ever meant to be a starter, but a 3rd/4th choice unless it was a 100% Baldini "trust me, this guy will be a god" purchase...which I don't think it was given the lack of hype around the transfer. Time will tell.

Wasn't my intention. I just don't think any of the newbies have had any stand out performances yet. I'm sure they'll come though, we just need someone who's gonna split a defense on the pitch. Hopefully that's where Mr Erikson comes in. :)

If only we had managed to get hold of Erikson, we could have player him with Nelson and Zakora.

:avbmad:

So these players you have great knowledge of, how many of them have you watched playing in the prem. As for Capoue, he can bring down the best of them, but so could big daddy, and he couldn't play football either.

The Premier league is not the be all and end all of analysis, Sky might not want you to believe it, but there are a couple of higher levels of competition, the crucible of international football for example. Paulinho won 3rd best player at the Confederations cup this past summer, only behind Neymar and Iniesta. But then they have never played in the prem so must be shit right?

Lamela scored 15 goals in one of the most notoriously defensive leagues in the world last year, and he's only 21.

Eriksen destroyed the Man City defence in the champions league twice.

Don't see your point unless you are backing me up.
It was my way of saying you're an old lousy cunt...
... who whined that we needed a full back, a centre half, another wide player and a striker. We sign them & more. Win 4 games out of 5 (goal difference 10-1). Yet you still whine. You're a whiny old despicable cunt. Not just a cunt... You're a fucking blue waffled cunt.

ay_117897524-e1378573134453.jpg

The signing that I am most excited about is definitely Eriksen.
I thought it was gonna be Lamela for me ... but I'm having mixed feelings about him.

You know why? It's because I suck playing with Lamela on FIFA. :avbfacepalm:
I think it's probably cause I am so used to playing with Bale and scoring rockets! :baletroll:

Don't see your point unless you are backing me up. We were pants last season, and played god damn boring football, got knocked out of 3 competitions and finished 5th. As I predicted, our net spend was zero and we look awful.

You said we needed to spend 60M and you doubted Levy would. He spends over 110M, and you whinge because he recouped most of it.

What do you want? An unsustainable club? We spent the money in the right areas, and he sold accordingly as to not be in debt.

He also signed players in the areas you listed. You bang on about last season being boring, yet only give the new team 3 games to start judging and slating.

Eriksson hasnt kicked a ball yet, and Lamela got 20 minutes or whatever.

You've been made to look a tit on this one, more so than ever, because these were genuine concerns you had, filtered out from the trolling, and you still cant hold your hands up and admit your concerns were addressed,

jaguars-fan-gif

@ Mr Always Right Mr Always Right , we're only 3 games into the season and you're already complaining? We've had the best transfer window in the Premier league, spent the 3rd most amount of money of all clubs, broke our transfer record several times and haven't even started 3 of the 7 players we brought in. Let's at least wait until all the players get settled before claiming 'our new players are rubbish'.

So far, Chadli needs to prove himself...he has certainly not been an upgrade except for Spurs underwear modeling.
... this is a big problem, in my opinion. No, not that Chadli isn't good enough, but that you were expecting him to be an upgrade on Gareth Bale.

Chadli might as well pack his bags right now if that's the most commonly-held view among Spurs fans. He can't win that battle.

I will passionately argue that Chadli wasn't nearly as dire as most people seem convinced that he was against Woolwich, the ball just didn't find its way to the left very often outside of the first ten or fifteen minutes.

He's not Gareth Bale. Get over it already and let's move on, people.

Back
Top Bottom