Other team transfers 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You say all this but in the transfer thread you say that City and Utd have raised the bar on transfers and are urging us to spend to compete. You can't have it both ways. We either make a stand against this fucking madness or we go with the flow. You seem to be arguing against yourself.

The two are separate arguments. Not hard to see that really.

One is saying we cannot expect to compete against sides that are in a position and willing to spend insane amounts. The here and now regardless if the insanity of it.

The other is saying the authorities must and need to deal with the unsustainable and unfair amounts that a few clubs can spend. The future.

No hypocrisy and not inseparable.

You say all this but in the transfer thread you say that City and Utd have raised the bar on transfers and are urging us to spend to compete. You can't have it both ways. We either make a stand against this fucking madness or we go with the flow. You seem to be arguing against yourself.

One is saying we cannot expect to compete against sides that are in a position and willing to spend insane amounts. The here and now regardless if the insanity of it.

The other is saying the authorities must and need to deal with the unsustainable and unfair amounts that a few clubs can spend. The future.

so you're saying every other cunt is doing it so we should do it too, but acknowledge its wrong and it needs stopped.
good job you aren't giving my kids advice on drugs

so you're saying every other cunt is doing it so we should do it too, but acknowledge its wrong and it needs stopped.
"Daddy, you should let me get drop down drunk on twenty vodka red bulls and ecstasy because all the other kids do!". :levystare:

We need to buy 3 or 4 players but I am not endorsing expenditure that is uncontrolled.

Taking controlled drugs as best I know is illegal. As things stand buying players isn't but when some clubs are creating impossible expectation then it affects everyone.

At that point you try and compete within reason, make public that you can't and deal with the consequences or make representation to FIFA or the Premier League. Maybe ypu do any 3 at the same time.

Prepare for war but at the same time seek to find peace

We need to buy 3 or 4 players but I am not endorsing expenditure that is uncontrolled.

Taking controlled drugs as best I know is illegal. As things stand buying players isn't but when some clubs are creating impossible expectation then it affects everyone.

At that point you try and compete within reason, make public that you can't and deal with the consequences or make representation to FIFA or the Premier League. Maybe ypu do any 3 at the same time.

Prepare for war but at the same time seek to find peace
why do we need to buy 3 or 4 players?
Surely buying in this market is uncontrolled spending - we've always bought with a bit of risk because we couldn't afford the top tier players, now we're taking a punt on those second level players and its costing 30-40mill.
You're also condoning the club participating in something you feel is completely wrong. The Chairman has said its unsustainable and the club can't compete with those big spenders - so has made public the landscape but you're not satisfied.
Prepare for war even if it bankrupts you or you stock up with missiles that with a couple of years development time could be really dangerous

I see Man City have bought another one and loaned him to the club they have invested in and who is owned by Peps brothers media company.
fucking joke.
What's that 5 now?

Football really has just officially fall off it's rocker....
Paulinho: Barcelona agree to sign ex-Tottenham midfielder Paulinho for 40m euros
:paulinhobored:
I think it should be certified officially insane!
Just saw this elsewhere:

syzgfRl.jpg

How Paulinho turned his career around to earn a dream move to Barcelona | John Duerden

Because being crap at Spurs then bossing it in the Chinese league = £36m

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apparently Barca's powerbrokers are very 'invested' in China in other ways, which at least gives some reason to understand the forces at work here. Other seasons have been pretty crazy, but this somehow does feel like the window where the wheels start to wobble on the gravy bus.

Back
Top Bottom