OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn’t have to go along with it , if it were a stunt did he ?
IIRC he got presented to Kadyrov without any prior notice. Should have refused, but he didn't look like a man enjoying a party in his honour.

Oh don’t be grumpy because your boys lost 2-0 to the Dippers!

Spurs fan my arse!

Drunk Hobo GIF by Adult Swim

btw where are the people that were claiming Graham Potter should be our next manager in the summer(he won the Poll) and how he's apparently done amazingly well at Brighton because of the expected goals stat looooool?

he's probably a loss away from the sack now.

The excuse was they needed a better striker, when as I said in the past, it’s because they are badly coached in attack. Nothing has changed. If he nails that then he’s worth looking at but for me he’s miles off a top four manager let alone in the company of Conte.

Just seen Millwall are unbeaten in 8. Six wins. Only conceded 2 in that period which were both injury time consolations. Two points off the playoff places.

That will shake up the Premier League if they were to get promoted. Fucking bedlam.

The moment they play anyone decent they lose.

The moment they play a game where they haven't had 10 days tp prepare for it they lose or drop points.

But they are amazing apparently.

we're 3 pts behind them and they still have to play Chavs, Man U (they should win that) and us.
No one is saying they are amazing. The race for 4th place is between a number of average teams in comparison to the top 3 teams.

They have been slightly more consistent than their rivals and that's probably due to having no European football this season and like you say having more time to prepare for games. Their games in hand are still crucial in all this as is our inability ourselves to be consistent and beat teams like Burnley, Wolves and Southampton.

Just seen Millwall are unbeaten in 8. Six wins. Only conceded 2 in that period which were both injury time consolations. Two points off the playoff places.

That will shake up the Premier League if they were to get promoted. Fucking bedlam.
I recall my only visit to Millwall in 89, on the terraces of the old den, a hair raising afternoon in the away end hoping my cousins husband wouldn’t announce my allegiance while we dished out a 0-5 scudding.

Also allows West Ham to focus on their real rivals for a change and not just focus on us

No one is saying they are amazing. The race for 4th place is between a number of average teams in comparison to the top 3 teams.

They have been slightly more consistent than their rivals and that's probably due to having no European football this season and like you say having more time to prepare for games. Their games in hand are still crucial in all this as is our inability ourselves to be consistent and beat teams like Burnley, Wolves and Southampton.
The hyperbole surrounding them is that they are now a decent side. That Arteta is the next Pep, that he has them playing decent football.

They now play with an identity. They have improved since sacking off Abamyang and playing Martinelli instead (something I said they should have done 2yrs ago). I think there's too much said about Saka and Smith-Rowe, they are both good players but their impact is over-hyped, the player IMO that's had a greater impact is Martin Odegard.

The biggest improvement under Arteta is however their ability to play in a low-block, it's actually really well-coached, we've seen a lot of it this season due to their many red cards, I'd argue with every time they've gone to ten men they've improved and on a couple of occasions been the better of the two teams.

But this is as far as I go for what's going on there. I think this is a fair and realistic assessment of where they are at. It's heavily distorted given a) who they have played and b) how almost all their games have been played with on average 10 days between each game. Every game they've played with a short turnaround time they lost or dropped points. It's why they bottled the NLD. It's why he's shitting himself now as he's got a shorter turnaround time for the weekend and other games coming up.

Another thing to contextualise is they played more home games than anyone (despite playing only 27 games). Their away record is poor, with only 6 wins on the road all season, losing 5. They now play 7 of their 11 remaining games away, which include us, Chavs, West Ham & Southampton (who outside of the top 6 have the best home records this season).

And during this time we've been playing a game every 4 days on average which impacts us as negatively as it does positively them playing on ave every 10 days. People point to our "inconsistency" but don't contextualise what/why it's inconsistent. I think it's clear the reasons:
1. new coach
2. Many games, resulting in playing on ave every 4 days, taking time away spent on the training field. (almost every time we've had a longer time between games we've won but perhaps more specifically we've played well, attacked well, with clear signs of Conte patterns).
3. Injuries - we've had a ton. Skipp, Son, Dier, Romero have been the most significant but also Bentancur, Lucas, Davies, Tanganga, Bergwijn, Sess, Reggie & Emerson have all had injuries this season limiting the options of Conte's selections.

This isn't the case with us now, or for the odd game where we play within a few days like this weekend against West Ham the team we face is also playing within a short turnaround time so it balances out (little advantage is gained). I think we miss not having Sess and Skipp as options/cover.

Our home record is good, on par with Woolwich which is 3rd best in League, 6 of our remaining 10 games are at home.

So, what this means is for the run in there's a swing towards all the things that affect Woolwich negatively and a swing to all the things that positively affect us. These are marginal gains, could only be +/- 10% for each team but if this plays out during the run in then that's a potential net +20% gain in our favour. In real tangible terms that's us beating them and drawing with Liverpool. With them losing to us and dropping points (even draws) in two of their away games for us to finish above them.

I've now set this up nicely for the inevitable epic run of dropped points from all teams chasing a top 4 spot as was the case in the 18/19 season when we, Chavs, and Woolwich managed just 1 win each in their last 5 games, Utd not even getting a win! loool

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom