Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sterling is very reliant on the set up at Man City.
You have that backwards if you mean anything other than He does a shitload of work and needs to have others around him that can benefit from it ie talented players. Sterling being in the right place for tapins is on him. Sterling dribbling folks and delivering to others for tapins is often due solely to his efforts. He is a disrupter just like Hazard and their efforts are mostly individual brilliance. Can't hail 1 and disregard the other. I prefer Sterling myself.

Sperate him and put him on a team of different players and you can see his true individual quality.
Not really. He is a facilitator and always has been since Liverpool. He seems to be working on creating his own opportunities this year and that is probably down to Pep. But without good players to benefit from his efforts he would be wasted and folks would deride his qualities.

I don't think he was all that for England.
Yeah, see my point above about shit players being around him. He is a danger and not in the headless chicken sense.

Last edited:
If Liverpool win it, it must be Van Dijk, he has made the difference, Sterling hasn't.
Perhaps not THE difference, but he is on 15 goals and 11 assists in the league (24 starts), which means he is directly involved in 33% of the goals they scored, he has had a pretty good season so far.

Perhaps not THE difference, but he is on 15 goals and 11 assists in the league (24 starts), which means he is directly involved in 33% of the goals they scored, he has had a pretty good season so far.

City can win the title with or without Sterling.
Liverpool without Van Dijk don't win anything.

We'll have to wait and see who the title goes to of course, and I'm not knocking Sterling BTW, I'd love him here.

City can win the title with or without Sterling.
Liverpool without Van Dijk don't win anything.

We'll have to wait and see who the title goes to of course, and I'm not knocking Sterling BTW, I'd love him here.
That's probably true, but I guess the good news is that Van Dijk won't win the title this season.

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb Fernandes just scored the winning pen vs Boavista. Pen was a dive but the big 3 bias rears its ugly head again.

thinking of putting Boavista on my shortlist (very short list as it only contains Adademica and I ony get to see 1 or 2 games as they are ligaPro(?)) of Portuguese clubs to support. Can't support any of the big 3 because 2 are riddled with Mendes stinch and it would be glory-hunting anyway.

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb Fernandes just scored the winning pen vs Boavista. Pen was a dive but the big 3 bias rears its ugly head again.

thinking of putting Boavista on my shortlist (very short list as it only contains Adademica and I ony get to see 1 or 2 games as they are ligaPro(?)) of Portuguese clubs to support. Can't support any of the big 3 because 2 are riddled with Mendes stinch and it would be glory-hunting anyway.
Boavista is the Portuguese stoke mate. And they live to hate Porto the cunts

Go with Vitoria mate!

Boavista is the Portuguese stoke mate. And they live to hate Porto the cunts
:dembelelol: Yeah, Porto still has the Mendes stinch and other shady dealings...and the rotten fuckers wouldn't give us Moutinho (man, how he would still be our best MF even now). And I'm not trying to glory hunt and it would feel like it. Yes, I was first attracted to Port because of AVB but that is why Academica was a possible choice. Plus, Coimbra seems a decent place. But I would like my team to be in the first division every now and again so I could actually see them FFS.

I end up watching mostly Porto games with Sporting being 2nd. Never watch Benfica unless it is against the other 2. The red is just too much.

Go with Vitoria mate!
Is that your squad? I assume you mean Guimaraes? They had the Derby today. Saw like 5 minutes (braga up 1-0) because the stream was supposed to be something else. Will say this though they do pass the 'kit test' as does Academica and Boavista. Boavista had a lot of purple around their stadium today which would do it for me.

Is that your squad? I assume you mean Guimaraes? They had the Derby today. Saw like 5 minutes (braga up 1-0) because the stream was supposed to be something else. Will say this though they do pass the 'kit test' as does Academica and Boavista. Boavista had a lot of purple around their stadium today which would do it for me.

I don't support them or anything but I do look out for their matches. (Plus they wear white!)

Only because I watched a few of their games during the 16/17 season where I think they finished 4th or something, which I thought seemed a pretty big achievement.

But they had Bernard Mensah, Hernani, Paolo Hurtado, Moussa Marega and Raphinha in their squad and they were pretty good to watch even though most of them were on loan there. Soares was tearing it up too before Porto signed him.

They've been going down hill ever since :(

Only because I watched a few of their games during the 16/17 season... ...They've been going down hill ever since :(
Far be it from me to conclude anything from this. Just pointing out the correlation. And as we know corr is not cause but the relationship is striking and perhaps should be explored further. Just sayin.:pochsmirk:

Far be it from me to conclude anything from this. Just pointing out the correlation. And as we know corr is not cause but the relationship is striking and perhaps should be explored further. Just sayin.:pochsmirk:

Funnily enough both Spurs and Roma have been going downhill since 16/17 too league-wise.

Eesh.

Back
Top Bottom