Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tinfoil hat much? Chelsea had an absolute dogshit start of a season last year. City started with 6consecutive wins.
Chelsea also had no European football. You are in denial if you think that the people who are paid by the league to schedule the fixtures are not given requirements to preserve their best assets

Chelsea also had no European football. You are in denial if you think that the people who are paid by the league to schedule the fixtures are not given requirements to preserve their best assets
Its called random number generator. The fixtures as in per gameweek are random. The only fixtures that are manually changed are the TV times and Friday-Sunday times.

Where are Utd in terms of their plans since SAF left?
Fuck if i know what their plans are. But it looks like Mourinho's (almost) built a title winning team again.

The more you finish in the higher legal spots and maintain that sort of position over successive seasons the greater chance you have of winning trophies sooner or later. The only fans who don't think finishing as high as possible is important are those who don't understand that it's all part of the progression. We stay on the track we are of gradual improvement then trophies will be coming sooner or later, and more than once. So yeah, the prize for finishing as high as possible may be indirect, but if you can maintain the consistency then statistics show you'll earn a trophy sooner or later.
Wrong account, Arsene.

Seriously, though.

if you can maintain the consistency then statistics show you'll earn a trophy sooner or later.
What statistics?

But it makes no sense.

Momentum can happen at any time during the season. Man City won their opening 10 games last season. Finished 15 points off Chelsea.

Though your "fixture schedulers giving Man Utd favouritism" line did raise an almighty chuckle. Hilarious.
Do yourself a favour and actually look at uniteds draw game by game. Just because I feel its favourable doesn't mean I am not confident we will do them when we meet

Its called random number generator. The fixtures as in per gameweek are random. The only fixtures that are manually changed are the TV times and Friday-Sunday times.
False. They are given requirements as in derbys for example. The fact that the big teams are given preference would never be proved though

Fuck if i know what their plans are. But it looks like Mourinho's (almost) built a title winning team again.

You mean the 6th place team that finished 24 points off the title (and 15 the year before)....that signed two good players but still have no bench.

Because they spanked two of the shittest teams in England

If it was Spurs, Im sure you would throw caution and say "wait til we play a proper team" no?

Their plans since SAF left Id imagine was to stay as one of the best clubs on the planet. Hasnt really panned out

The slating of United and Mourinho, in terms of being a manager is boring.

United are a strong side managed by the best manager in the Premier League.

They will be an even igger threat than last season.

And they know how to win trophies.

Why don't you fuck of to there message board then? As far as I'm concerned Poch is the best manager full stop! Could mourhino do what he does without spending millions? No so fuck off you cunt! Seriously :dembelefingers:

Wrong account, Arsene.

Seriously, though.
Yeah, meanwhile that Arsene has won eight FA Cups and three league titles since we last won a comparable trophy, so he's hardly a great example for you to use.

What statistics?
The vast majority of domestic trophies won during the premier league era, particularly where the FA Cup is concerned, have been won by those sides who were also enjoying top six, most often top four, consistency at the time.

Its not random. they do use certain extra criteria when producing the fixtures, such as keeping west ham away from home if McDonald's in stratford are introducing a new Burger and so on

Do yourself a favour and actually look at uniteds draw game by game. Just because I feel its favourable doesn't mean I am not confident we will do them when we meet
Just another member of the negative nancies club. Only the second weekend and it's straight away "they're too good, we've no chance!".

Back
Top Bottom