Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The slating of United and Mourinho, in terms of being a manager is boring.

United are a strong side managed by the best manager in the Premier League.

They will be an even igger threat than last season.

And they know how to win trophies.
You talking Maureen up is fucking boring, you've got your tongue so far up his arse you're tickling his tonsils.

Last edited:
Still think the title will be between City and Utd.

Though depending on how we adapt to Wembley, we will also challenge them.

Liverpool and Woolwich's defence simply isn't good enough and I think Chelsea will fall short with everything that seems to be going on and the European distraction.

How's their bench......isn't that what it's all about?

Decent 11 is fuck all without quality back up I've heard.......or is it for Spurs you can say "what happens if Dele and Kane get injured", but for Utd none of that counts.....they're just brilliant and will go all the way

Pretty sad that with their ridiculous spend on transfers and wages that they've finished behind us 3 out of the last 4 years.
Still won more trophies than us, though. Including the EL. Finishing above someone counts for nothing. You don't get a prize for that.

In a few years time, nobody will remember how smooth we played/how good we were unless we actually win something. Now that would be sad.

"Best manager"?

That's debatable. As much as I don't hate Mourinho like others do, I've yet to see him have any major success without having the benefit of a club that blows huge amounts of cash.

Who cares?

We all play the same teams twice.
No shit, did you even read what I said? Momentum is everything in this league. You would never see 3 hard games scheduled for a team like united at the start of the season as they want them flying high for when they do play the big boys. If you lose your first few games you begin to chop and change line-ups and lose cohesion. It is not in their interests to see that happen again to united

No shit, did you even read what I said? Momentum is everything in this league. You would never see 3 hard games scheduled for a team like united at the start of the season as they want them flying high for when they do play the big boys. If you lose your first few games you begin to chop and change line-ups and lose cohesion. It is not in their interests to see that happen again to united
Tinfoil hat much? Chelsea had an absolute dogshit start of a season last year. City started with 6consecutive wins.

Still won more trophies than us, though. Including the EL. Finishing above someone counts for nothing. You don't get a prize for that.

In a few years time, nobody will remember how smooth we played/how good we were unless we actually win something. Now that would be sad.
Difference is we are 3 years ahead of our plans. One year ago today, most were resigned to 5th or worse and 4th was deemed an unlikely target that we would have taken in a heartbeat.

Where are Utd in terms of their plans since SAF left?

The more you finish in the higher league spots and maintain that sort of position over successive seasons the greater chance you have of winning trophies sooner or later. The only fans who don't think finishing as high as possible is important are those who don't understand that it's all part of the progression. We stay on the track we are of gradual improvement then trophies will be coming sooner or later, and more than once. So yeah, the prize for finishing as high as possible may be indirect, but if you can maintain the consistency then statistics show you'll earn a trophy sooner or later.

Last edited:

But it makes no sense.

Momentum can happen at any time during the season. Man City won their opening 10 games last season. Finished 15 points off Chelsea.

Though your "fixture schedulers giving Man Utd favouritism" line did raise an almighty chuckle. Hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom