OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

life bans?

Season Tickets for life, punish those fuckers. I understood Spiderman, why was the other twat in tights and a comedy tight shirt?

Despite BBC showing it live and reading an hilarious preview about it from Bilic in the standard I still forgot it was on until I saw West Ham suddenly trending despite an airport shootout in Florida. There was a nervous moment thinking they had done City before reality kicked in and I just knew they had been humped. :dembelelol::levylol::kanegoal::eriksenlol::tobyarm:

The next level for them has been just so fucking wonderful. I patiently wait to see what they do to get the next level below this.
3BE675DC00000578-4095812-image-a-4_1483728393423.jpg
:sonpoint:

I really hope Marco Silva does well and keeps Hull up. It looks impossible, but the reaction to his appointment has been absolutely disgusting from ex-pro's and the usual suspects in punditry. Here's a guy that won the league with Olympiakos, took them into the last 16 of the Champions league. Before that he took over at Estoril, got them promoted and finished fifth to book a Europa League ticket, and people are acting as if Hull have looked up foreign managers on google and called up the first one.

Sure, there's a not many young English managers getting chances in the Premier League, but clubs aren't obliged to give them those chances unless they prove themselves first. Gary Rowett is mentioned constantly but he's just been sacked at Birmingham. Ryan Giggs? He's been assistant for two managers that have completely failed at United and no one who watches him on TV is instilled with any sort of confidence in him. He's an empty suit by the looks of things. There's simply not that many English managers doing fantastically well in the lower leagues either. It's sad, but it's not the Premier League clubs fault.

Marco Silva might end up being another Pepe Mel or Remi Garde but he could also be a Pochettino, and his CV is very impressive in my opinion. Either way, the reaction has been disgusting.

Paul Clement has been given the job at Swansea after failing miserably with Derby as his only job as main man. If his name was Paulo Clemento I bet he would've been crucified by now, yet the reaction has been positive from the media. I can't see him keeping Swansea up personally, and the way he was given credit for Alan Curtis' substitutes that won them the game at Palace was particularly laughable.

I really hope Marco Silva does well and keeps Hull up. It looks impossible, but the reaction to his appointment has been absolutely disgusting from ex-pro's and the usual suspects in punditry. Here's a guy that won the league with Olympiakos, took them into the last 16 of the Champions league. Before that he took over at Estoril, got them promoted and finished fifth to book a Europa League ticket, and people are acting as if Hull have looked up foreign managers on google and called up the first one.

Sure, there's a not many young English managers getting chances in the Premier League, but clubs aren't obliged to give them those chances unless they prove themselves first. Gary Rowett is mentioned constantly but he's just been sacked at Birmingham. Ryan Giggs? He's been assistant for two managers that have completely failed at United and no one who watches him on TV is instilled with any sort of confidence in him. He's an empty suit by the looks of things. There's simply not that many English managers doing fantastically well in the lower leagues either. It's sad, but it's not the Premier League clubs fault.

Marco Silva might end up being another Pepe Mel or Remi Garde but he could also be a Pochettino, and his CV is very impressive in my opinion. Either way, the reaction has been disgusting.

Paul Clement has been given the job at Swansea after failing miserably with Derby as his only job as main man. If his name was Paulo Clemento I bet he would've been crucified by now, yet the reaction has been positive from the media. I can't see him keeping Swansea up personally, and the way he was given credit for Alan Curtis' substitutes that won them the game at Palace was particularly laughable.
Agree with prerty mych everything except the part about Paul Clement failing miserably at Derby. I remember that was a very unfair sacking with Derby being in the promotion places at the time of his sacking.

Agree with prerty mych everything except the part about Paul Clement failing miserably at Derby. I remember that was a very unfair sacking with Derby being in the promotion places at the time of his sacking.

Failing miserably was perhaps a tad hard, but I seem to remember them getting 1 point from 8 or something which led to his sacking.

TV companies a destroying the FA Cup. Why show Spam and Citieh last night? It's just another prem game (despite it being funny watching that lot getting spanked, I thought it was a fucking boring game, made even more boring by the atmosphere, just no excitement at all, a training ground game). Then BT choose to show Manure (HOME) against Reading, seriously? There is no way in hell that they were expecting an upset in that game, so why the fuck show it? (Yeah, I know the answer it's Manure & the BBC show every single one of their games, always, without fail. They also produce documentary, after documentary about Rooney, Beckham, Neville, Salford and yet more fucking Salford). Another training ground game, boring as fuck!

And now we have the scum against Preston! Christ. Good to see the pedo is demonstrating his credentials as the worlds greatest manager by selecting Giroud as Captain, because he his goal celebrations the other day demonstrated his credentials.

The excitement of The FA Cup is about upsets, about the lower league side's time to shine or die in the spotlight. It's about all of us watching teams we never get a chance to see because of the obsession of Prem teams. This is a chance for us to connect with the fabric of our game. Just feel robbed of what used to be a day that you got to see some sides I have never or rarely seen before. Small grounds packed with 5-10-15k local fans proud their Town's local club is on the Telly in the FA Cup.

Rant over.

Back
Top Bottom