OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, his recovery rate is staggering but in the main it is just a relentless set of wins that is impossible to match and it saps the energy of the chasing pack.

And what few have said or understood is that for the first time in a decade or more, this has been achieved without Terry, Cech, Drogba and Lampard.

Hugely significant.
Kante's recovery rate has really not been tested playing once a week mainly either at LCFC or Chelsea. Let's see if he can play in Europe on Weds and Pl Sat consistently for a season before we say that.
I mean they have played 20 games in all and Kante in 18 of them.
Tomorrow City would have played 27 games, Woolwich 26 Man U 27 and us25. I doubt Kante could have played in every game otherwise conte wouldn't have needed to rest him for league cup games.

The comments on here already mimic those being made about Leicester astonishing season.

We are hoping Chelsea stumble and hoping Chelsea hit a bad patch.

Bottom line is only injuries and a complete loss of form/confidence are going to haul them back into the pack at this rate.

Zero style of play at Palace - try and play football, but ultimately their players aren't good enough to resort to knocking it to Benteke and hope for the best. Pardew is the absolute worst and I can't wait for Palace to get relegated
benteke was taking them to the next level. All they needed was a striker. He puffed out the same stuff when he got adebayor and told us all how he could Man manage the best from him, after all he Man managed Ben Arfa
I can't bear to listen to him, so cringeworthy and up himself
He's so vain I bet that song was about him.

The comments on here already mimic those being made about Leicester astonishing season.

Bottom line is only injuries and a complete loss of form/confidence are going to haul them back into the pack at this rate.
They have probably won it. It was obvious that both them and Liverpool were favourites for the title this year. The last time Liverpool did anything it was the same and Chelsea can pick it up when they can be arsed. The only times they have been shit is when they refused to play for a manager. Both have strong squads that without having to navigate Europe, change that much and spend time preparing systems and styles for league games and being fresh can manage an injury.
Their players have even said they are benefiting in the league from lack of it.
Chelsea are more than capable of doing both, they have proven it, they havethe funds to supplement a decent squad to do so.
So without it....

11 straight wins is special....yes they are scumbags but its a great run.
However, if Liverpool win their game in hand, its 6pts.

It doesnt take a cataclysmic implosion for them to be caught....2 defeats, job done.

I honestly think that if we had a decent enough bench play like we can offensively- and some injury luck - without European stuff we could maybe mount a challenge for the title. We have the defence to do so.
Chelsea have the same defensive record as us and scored just 8 goals more.

Costa absence may mean they draw 0-0.

Bournemouth won't be easy - they work ridiculously hard and have pace that can cause Chelsea problems. I think Chelsea will most likely win but it'll be one of their hardest home games all season.

Back
Top Bottom