OneHotspur TV

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm just surprised that grown men are worried that other grown men who support the same club are going to make them look bad, then claiming that the people making the videos are narcissistic? A tad ironic I think.

Like I say, I don't care either way, I don't listen to podcasts or watch fan tv channels, because I'm interested in football, not what half-cut angry fans think of football.

Let them do it, dedicate hours to it, discover no one cares and let them fade away.... If our fanbase is as good as we think (hope) it is, maybe they wont engage with these people at all.....

He asked for opinion.
Almost everyone is against it for various reasons.
Those who aren't (like yourself) could care less.

He point blank refuses to acknowledge that.

I find this self-obsessed fan tv drivel one step away from the ITK twats.

simyid

I might get sin binned for this but I quite like your channel and you seem like nice guys. Good luck! And if you can make a couple of quid from it and pay for your day out good luck to you on that front too.
tenor.gif

He asked for opinion.
Almost everyone is against it for various reasons.
Those who aren't (like yourself) could care less.

He point blank refuses to acknowledge that.
I agree, I just wonder how people feel about Flav doing Ball Street..... Haven't seen the content, but this is the same kind of thing no? Talking about footie on YouTube?

I agree, I just wonder how people feel about Flav doing Ball Street..... Haven't seen the content, but this is the same kind of thing no? Talking about footie on YouTube?
Sort of. Ball Street is commercial organisation and Flav has clearly used TFC as a platform to go further into media, so this kind of gets to the heart of why I think this is not just about "the love of the club". I think it's more of a stepping stone. If they want to do that then fine, but I think they should be honest. I don't think Flav has ever claimed that he was into TFC purely and solely for the love of the club.

I'm just surprised that grown men are worried that other grown men who support the same club are going to make them look bad, then claiming that the people making the videos are narcissistic? A tad ironic I think.

It's not ironic at all. I'm not worried about it making me look bad, how could it do that? I'm worried it makes us look bad - and it does.

4500 voters on Twitter isn't representative of our entire fan base. Users of social media tend to be more outspoken than most, so this may be a reason for the landslide vote, although I've no evidence to back that up, hence use of "may".

Even taking this into account, why should they care about the wishes of people they don't know? What about catering to the 20% of people who want to see their videos, when everyone else has he perfectly acceptable option of just not watching?

For what it's worth, I watch the Newcastle one, didn't enjoy it and won't be watching again. However, that's no reason for them not to carry on.
Aren't your videos going to be going onto social media? Thus social media users are your target market.

It's not that I have a problem with personally, in fact I think thats great. YouTube is now a great media tool for opinions on football outside the mainstream, but the fan cams are just going to get hijacked by rival fans when we lose.

Aren't your videos going to be going onto social media? Thus social media users are your target market.
They aren't my videos. I thought they were going on YouTube mainly, so felt that disregarding a few thousand "listen to my opinion" Twitter people was in order.

Also, as for the love of the club not being the reason behind the podcast, they should have called the Twitter account GiveMeAMediaJob rather than LoveTheShirt. That would have been transparent.

They aren't my videos. I thought they were going on YouTube mainly, so felt that disregarding a few thousand "listen to my opinion" Twitter people was in order.

Also, as for the love of the club not being the reason behind the podcast, they should have called the Twitter account GiveMeAMediaJob rather than LoveTheShirt. That would have been transparent.
Ah got you confused with someone else, my error

:dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom