Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think, if Romero is out, Sanchez will play, Dier in the middle and one of Davies/Lenglet on the left of the three. Probably Davies, as those three together have played quite a few games as a unit.

For the rest, Conte will go with experience I think.

Lloris. Sanchez, Dier, Davies. Doherty, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Perisic. Lucas, Kane, Son.

As long as Sanchez and Royal start , we'll be fine

I think Dier, Romero and Bentancur all come back in for this one.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Doherty and/or Perisic in either. Hoping to see perhaps Kulusevski on the bench, would be huge.

I really wanted to go to this, but reluctantly decided against it. At this stage, just want to get through to the next round. Yes, we should be there already, but we very rarely do things easily.
COYS
Na forget all about it, go down Mecca get a shout then home and by then we’re through 👍…..happy days

It’s going to be a long game, we are going to give up a lot of possession but in the end I think we win. A set piece goal and a scrappy Kane goal.

If we assume Romero out, I'd prefer Lenglet in as CCB with Dier as RCB (he had an hour rest on Saturday). Richarlison fit enough for bench, but not Kulusebski ? Skipp's looked better than Bissouma so plays.

As we are away, I think we go 352 to be hard to break down, and whilst a win is nice its not essential, whilst Marseille have to win to go through

Lloris
Dier, Lenglet, Davies
Doherty, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Bentancur, Perisic
Kane, Son
Subs : Forster, Emerson or Spence, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Tanganga, Bissouma, Richarlison, Lucas, Gill

Last edited:
Surprised to see a desire for 3-5-2 in this one.. personally think the players look like they haven't a clue when we play that formation. We don't have the wingbacks or attacking mid to justify it, and don't seem to have any increased defensive solidity

Haven’t been this nervous for a match in years.

What a difference knowing we’re in the draw and will have CL in five months, compared to who knows how many years until we’re back.

Lloris
Dier, Lenglet, Davies
Doherty, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Bentancur, Perisic
Kane, Son
I liked Lenglet at CCB and Dier at RCB the end of last game. It was different and exciting. I enjoyed Lenglet getting forward and taking some outside shots- for some reason he looks way more likely to pull it off than any of our other CBs. Dier seemed somewhat reinvigorated with the change too. I like him in that position, having license to do positive things, rather than being last man back, trying to clean up play and avoid mistakes. Ben obviously got a goal on a nice set piece devised just for him, and deserves another start.

I'll go 3-5-2, unless Richarlison is actually fit enough to make the bench tomorrow, which seems doubtful imo. Marseille absolutely HAVE to go for the win, and MUST attack us tomorrow, whereas we can ensure progression with merely a draw. We should play on the counter and look to hammer them when they inevitably over-commit.

hugo
dier-clem-ben
doc-oli-peh-rod-sess
son-kane

peri -> sess 65'
biss -> peh 70'
gil -> son 75'
emerson -> doc 75' (if holding a lead; Lucas on if not)

Advice/Info for any of you going...

Advice for Spurs fans in Marseille
28th Oct

Tuesday sees the final game in what has been an incredibly tight UEFA Champions League group, with Spurs fans making their way to what will be a lively fixture in Marseille. THST Board members have spoken with representatives of Football Supporters Europe and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club to both understand and input into the arrangements for the trip and are sharing the following information as an accompaniment to official Club travel communications.
Looks like I'm going to miss the shuttle buses, so wish me luck 🤞. I'm sure that there is an element of exaggeration regarding the dangers of Marseille. My outlook is that if you carry yourself with confidence, and make sensible clothing choices, you should blend in well enough. I'm travelling solo, which should also help.
Thanks very much for the info, as I was wondering if there would be later buses, which wasn't confirmed on the official Spurs website.

Back
Top Bottom