Old school spurs fans; fancy a challenge?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Posted this in Reddit TH but it's not hugely busy in there so thought I go straight to those likely to know...

Hello All. As a kid in the 80's I was a massive spurs fan. I had the kit, pendants, posters of Glenn Hoddle, all of that (I'm sure some of you can relate!). My dad was a PEI in the prison service and did the FA coaching modules and made friends (he is an outgoing chap) with lots of people and players. He was a good player himself. I fell away from football, largely because I was rubbish and built more for rugby.......Anyway, he managed to get me a signed football from the era and I wondered if anyone cared to guess a year? (I have no idea and can't recognise all of the sigs) I have cross referenced the signatures with merchandise available and they all look dot on to me, but I have no idea who some are. I thing there are around 13 odd signatures on it and I recognise Glenn Hoddle, Paul Allen, Ray Clemence and Gary Mabbutt. Anyone care to have a crack?
Ah, can't post links yet. Sorry about that.

Thanks!

Ah, got you. Thanks. It's a bit....old so...
3T5Rufm.jpg

gdiiYhk.jpg
ciyIK9w.jpg
py2IQgU.jpg
O7M6Oas.jpg

So annoying when people sign their autograph and its totally illegible. I've got a few signed menus from Player of the Year dinners we used to have in the 80s/90s and I can't work out most of them, and I was the one that collected them!!!

Great stuff. So far I reckon I can identify;
Glenn Hoddle
Ray Clements
Gary Mabbutt
Paul Allen
Gary Stevens
Mitchell Thomas
John Paulston
Chris Hughton
Leaving 4 unidentified.

So annoying when people sign their autograph and its totally illegible. I've got a few signed menus from Player of the Year dinners we used to have in the 80s/90s and I can't work out most of them, and I was the one that collected them!!!
I use to have a few menus from the Anglo-American sporting club dinner and dances.My neighbour( who was in the rag trade) gave them to me.Likewise, I couldn't make out most of the signatures. Two I could, were Bobby Charlton and "King Pele" as he signed himself(I presume its THAT Pele).Gutted I don't know where they are anymore. Likewise with a lot of my programmes

Great stuff. So far I reckon I can identify;
Glenn Hoddle
Ray Clements
Gary Mabbutt
Paul Allen
Gary Stevens
Mitchell Thomas
John Paulston
Chris Hughton
Leaving 4 unidentified.
4?

1986 -7 squad would be if I am correct, and the remaining 3 are

Paul Miller ( 2nd pic right - next to Hughton )
Tony Parks (top one last pic)
Waddle ( top one first pic)
That's all 11 isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom