Old Doc about Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Juicy Sushi

Evil Numbers Enthusiast
An interesting video about Spurs fans in the early 80s. Anyone see someone they recognize?

Also note the remark about tickets prices around 8:15 or so. Tout mark-up on a £4.50 ticket was about £20. Modern Europa-League prices, for games 30 years ago. I don't even want to think about what that is with inflation.

An interesting video about Spurs fans in the early 80s. Anyone see someone they recognize?

Also note the remark about tickets prices around 8:15 or so. Tout mark-up on a £4.50 ticket was about £20. Modern Europa-League prices, for games 30 years ago. I don't even want to think about what that is with inflation.

A young Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman there on 4.21 :rolleyes:. Sainsbury's lol - the woman is a visionary.

Throwing toilet rolls? Hooligan.

Last edited:
Great to see these docs, I was born in that year so never got to know spurs much in the 80's but the 80's seemed like such a fun part of Spurs history I kind of feel like I missed out a bit.

Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman your a legend!

Flippin' Nora, this is about the third time this has turned up on a thread, it just won't die a natural death. I still have the original VHS tape, but thanks to shempz, I am now the proud owner of a CD recording. I don't know what's more scarey - the fact that it was 30 years ago or the curly perm!!!
I don't like watching or hearing myself, find myself gritting my teeth and watching through my fingers. So thanks for the kind words about my appearance, I thought I sounded a bit dippy.
At the time, football supporters were all treated as trouble makers and female fans were quite rare, and the documentary was supposed to redress the balance. Not sure it did, but it was fun to be part of the filming. There were some real characters around at that time, like Queenie (the old dear), Jack and Kay, who sold the programmes, and the guys from Chesterfield. The 80s were a great time to watch Spurs, no question, and I loved every minute - football played on a Saturday afternoon, great players, won a cup or three, I wasn't married - oops, sorry, wrong list :)

All these years on and some of the opinions and viewpoints of the older generate of fan stay true with the younger.
"Money should be put back into the team instead of into executive boxes - so maybe one day we'll have a great team"
Thirty years on and we're building a new ground without a league titles and three domestic cups in twenty four years.

All these years on and some of the opinions and viewpoints of the older generate of fan stay true with the younger.
"Money should be put back into the team instead of into executive boxes - so maybe one day we'll have a great team"
Thirty years on and we're building a new ground without a league titles and three domestic cups in twenty four years.

==========================

Watching it reminds me how sanitized football is now. I started going in the early 70s, and whilst hooliganism was rife, at least there was a buzz. What we need is the atmosphere without the violence, but I regret the Liberals and the politically won't have any of it.

At the time, football supporters were all treated as trouble makers and female fans were quite rare, and the documentary was supposed to redress the balance. :)

So you mean it portrayed female fans as trouble makers too...? That's one up for equality if ever I saw it!

BTW, loved your performance dah-haaaaaling... you gave a wonderful portrayal of London life in the '80s... where did you draw your inspiration and muse from?? ...have you ever considered Television as a career?? I know a few people who would simply love to meet you!!!!

I actually literally almost had tears of nostalgia welling up from watching it....
'triffic stuff!

So you mean it portrayed female fans as trouble makers too...? That's one up for equality if ever I saw it!

BTW, loved your performance dah-haaaaaling... you gave a wonderful portrayal of London life in the '80s... where did you draw your inspiration and muse from?? ...have you ever considered Television as a career?? I know a few people who would simply love to meet you!!!!

I actually literally almost had tears of nostalgia welling up from watching it....
'triffic stuff!
I obviously didn't express myself very well, as I meant the remark about female supporters and trouble makers as two separate statements.

I have decided to retire from my TV career, to give the youngsters a chance to get a break. But if my fans want a selfie or an autograph, they can usually find me in the Coach & Horses before home games - but please form an orderly queue.

Back
Top Bottom