Official Botswana Meat Commission FC Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Helloo guys i am a liverpool fan (i know but i come in peace with no intention of trolling).I was pissed that you guys are after one of our so called targets,HOnda to be exact and wanted to know how you guys feel about buying another cm.Anyway i saw this thread and was taken back,i am from botswana and my dad used to work for BMC our country's only meat distributor in the 80's nd used to be an assistant coach for gunners and this thread just made my day.I have developed a soft spot for spurs,good luck lads hope both teams qualify for the Ucl

Hi everyone.
Been on some exile as I had been "yellow carded" by my employer as I was deemed to be on the side that worked against the Company giving away the team to a new sponsor. I had to therefore go on a self-imposed leave of absence lest I got fired from my formal employment with the Meat Commission.

I shall therefore be posting results of BMC FC after every game going forward.
Next game : 26/11/2013 vs Township Rollers at Molepolole Stadium

One for the old skool. Interview with Chicco Nare
http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=8&aid=96&dir=2008/August/Friday22

Mmegi: In 1996 it is said you were banned from the national team after playing games on manager Sello Katse. What happened?
Nare: I do not like to talk about that issue because we are now friends. I once met him and he told me that he has heard that I am a coach and he would like to see me talking to my players during halftime because I used to be indisciplined. What happened in 1996 is that we went to Namibia to play using a BDF plane. When we arrived around 3pm, there was no arrangement for lunch and we were hungry. When I asked Katse about food, he said that I am a cry-baby and I should not behave as if I am at BMC. I was hurt and when I was in my room with Mlungisi (Kopi), I asked myself what can I do to get back at Katse. I phoned his room and claimed to be Sergeant Katatura from Namibian Defence Force. I asked Katse why he came into 'my country without informing me since he is an army officer'. He panicked. I then told him that there was a bomb in his room and it will explode in a few minutes. Then I dropped the phone. When I was in my room, I could hear people running in fear as players were evacuated from their rooms. The state security was called to check the room and nothing was found. They could not even trace the number which called the room. When we were waiting outside the hotel, Mlungisi told them that it was me who called Katse and we were asked to go back to our rooms. Katse came over to demand why I am playing games on him and I remained quiet because he was a soldier and I respected him. When we returned home, Katse told me at the airport that I must never come back for camps. I was only re-called when Marotzke was at the helm in 1998. It was funny. - See more at: http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=8&aid=96&dir=2008/August/Friday22#sthash.MAGYYHRr.dpuf

Kgetholetsile leads Ezinkomo’s revival

none.jpg
by Tshepo Molwane
05-11-2012

kghethoitsileleads.jpg

After a miserable start to the 2012/13 be MOBILE Premier League season, BMC are slowly finding the kind of rhythm that saw them finishing second in the past season. BMC have managed to collect nine points out of a possible 21 points in their seven games.

By any standard, this is a poor record from a side which shocked many football pundits last campaign. But their recent wins against TAFIC (4-0) and BR Highlanders (5-0) suggest that the good times might be back at Ezinkomo.

On Wednesday night, it was a brace from Kenanao Kgetholetsile and a goal apiece from Shoes Godirwang, Motsholetsi Sikele and Leutwetse Tshireletso, which ensured that Ezinkomo secure maximum points. It was an improved performance from BMC though one would argue that the opposition was weak.

BMC’s small band of supporters can now afford a smile and not being mocked by their rivals from Extension Gunners who are in a rich vein of form under coach Odirile Matlhaku.

Despite two convincing wins, Ezinkomo coach Daniel ‘Chicco’ Nare believes that they still have a long way to go before reaching their Promised Land. At the start of the campaign when launching their new players at BMC headquarters in Lobatse, Nare made it clear that it is going to take time for his side to get into shape.

“We’re going to try different combinations and it might take time before we get results,” said Nare at the time.

Fortunately, BMC management has been very supportive of the technical staff despite their rough start to the season.

“We’re not there yet. We’ve been trying to introduce a new system which means players are going to take time to adjust. In our games against TAFIC and Highlanders, we used same line-up. This has given us an idea on what needs to be done going forward,” he said.

After finishing second last season expectations were high from the management that their side can now compete for the honours. But having dropped 12 points and with their title rivals Gaborone United and Mochudi Centre Chiefs enjoying a good run, it is going to take a miracle for BMC to win the title. Even Nare shares the same sentiments. “We’ve not done ourselves any justice by starting badly. We expected a better performance from last season but as things stand, we can dream of finishing in top four bracket (again).”

This time around, Nare is taking solace from the fact that his top marksman Kgetholetsile has finally found his scoring boots. Kgetholetsile, who is regarded by many as one of the best local strikers, experienced a poor form in the past two seasons. He was a shadow of a striker, which many people talked about during his time at Gunners almost five seasons ago. Kgetholetsile scored four goals in the past two games.

“It is a good thing that he is scoring again after going almost two years without providing goals for the team. This brings hope since our other striker (Mkhululi Dube) is out injured till January. By the time he (Dube) comes, Flo would have taken care of the scoring burden,” added Nare.

Yes it did
Did this game actually happen? I couldn't find any news for it. Could only find league results.
Yes it did happen, BDF won by an odd goal, 2nd leg is on 9th March 2013 at 18:00 hrs at Molepolole Stadium. To get live updates on this game, go follow @radikamela on twitter

:nare:

BMC 1-0 Extension Gunners
Goalscorer: Phenyo "Sgubhu" Molefhe

Another win for the MIGHTY EZI-NKOMO.
And another loss to nail the hated Gunners to the bottom of the table.

Well, it's been a while.
Here's an end-of-season update from Meatland - the league actually ended last month, but I didn't get around to firing up Soccerway and my many other sources (OK, it's Facebook) before now.

BMC's away form in 2014 was, to be charitable, not outstanding. In fact, the Meat Men's last away victory was against TAFIC just before Christmas. After that they only managed to pick up 2 points on the road.

But their home form was enough to secure 9th place, with BMC undefeated in their last 6 home games. The last two matches of the season were home wins against Motlakase Power Dynamos (4-1) and UF Santos (3-2), which were enough to keep BMC 7 points clear of the drop and, crucially, put them 2 points ahead of the hated Extension Gunners with the win on the final day.
:chicco:

When you take into account all the crazy stuff happening at the beginning of the season -- the sell-off, the ownership dispute, that time two teams turned up to a match both claiming to be the real Botswana Meat Commission FC -- 9th is a pretty good finish, especially if you manage to stay ahead of your rivals.

This year's champions, by the way, are the Township Rollers - who only lost twice in the whole season. Just 5 points separated the top 4 at the end, with a big drop of 20 points between fourth and fifth. Very English Premier League.

These were the team's end-of-season awards:

Player of the Season
• Mosha "Fanta" Gaolaolwe

Most Improved Player
• Tshepho "Mahindra" Maikano

Young Player of the Season
• Unobatsha "Doc" Mbaiwa

Players’ Player of the Season
• Sageby "Sagy" Sandaka

Top Scorer
• Sageby "Sagy" Sandaka, 15 Goals

Most Valuable Player

Chairperson's Award
• Thabo "Festivale" Leinanyana

Supporters' Player of the Season

Hi guys, been a long time since I was on here.

Been at FourFourTwo this week on work experience and one of my tasks was to find a random club to do a profile on that could go in the mag. After a few failed attempts, this sprung to mind.

The Botswana Meat Commission story could come alive again!

Admin Admin Just checking – would it be alright to use the info from the website and maybe the pics of Chicco and the boys?

No guarantee that this will actually go ahead as obviously I'm just work experience and don't decide what does and doesn't go in, just thought I'd give a heads up.
Of course mate. Try and slip a little credit to us in as well, if you can.

Good luck with the work experience.

Botswana National Football Team (Zebras) is expected to have a practice match against BMC FC this afternoon at the New Lobatse Satdium - the venue for the Afcon qualifier against Mali who clobbered them 3 - 0 in Bamako 2 months ago

Back
Top Bottom