Odd request - I'm after a specific incident

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel like I've seen this sort of thing a dozen times to all sorts of teams tbh. It could be a little bit of Mandella effect where you misremember it and think it was Spurs, or have combined multiple events into one, worsening it.

As for Coys1955 Coys1955
Remember this travesty?

1 nil down but playing well and pushing for an equaliser.
Wrongful penalty. Wrongful red card. Game over

Apologies not accepted: You cannot put the toothpaste back into the tube!
Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

I quite like the premise of this thread. Let's get angry about poor decisions in the past. I'd like to nominate last seasons very soft straight red card for Emerson Royal vs the scum at the Emirates. It was barely a yellow and still fucks me off

Hi,

This is a bit of an odd request, but can anyone remember this incident:

It was an extremely soft penalty given against Tottenham (yes I know). But it was quite a specific one - it happenned when one of our defenders tried to clear the ball away in a regular volley type hoof, and an attacker came from nowhere and stuck his foot into the path of the defender's foot - referee gave an instant penalty despite there clearly being no intent to kick the attacker.

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that this was a weekend premier league game around 6,7 or 8 years ago.

Any help appreciated.

Sounds like Sarr against Southampton. The game of the Conte rant.

Good old Sanchez.

I might have it wrong as I actually think that’s a pen. Certainly daft.

He did good for us though and him getting booed was a real low point of that season. He got the brunt of anger that should have been directed elsewhere. And he was excellent in the run-in the season before.

He did some very silly stuff though!
thought that was a pen as well.

Back
Top Bottom