Nottingham Forest

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

Conflicted. When they came up I was quite happy to have a club with some history come up, something felt right about having them in the PL. Then their supporters started acting like twats, giving it large about their 45 year old trophies and just ruined any goodwill.
In fairness if we had back to back European cups id be singing!

Just listening to Forest’s mitigation against the points deduction on Sky Sports. Admittedly, it’s the skinny version as Sky are saying the document is worded heavily in legalise but on the face of it, the mitigation appears very weak.

They’ve admitted the breach but are saying the penalty is unfair because Bournemouth and Fulham, who were promoted with them, were still receiving parachute payments. Not sure how that fact causes Forest to overspend, other than a desire to compete. Secondly, they forecast themselves to finish 12th in their first PL season but actually finished 16th. That cost them a few million so they argue that they should be given some leeway due to the difficulties of accurate predicting. Again, seems very weak. Lastly, they could have sold Brennan Johnson earlier which would have avoided the deficit but they held out to get a better price, which they did from Spurs.

Possibly not every aspect covered in the reporting but if I were going to appeal, I would want to go to bat with something more substantial than these arguments.

Notts Forest coming out fighting their corner, as might be expected

Not a lot of mitigating points, more about the 'unfairness' of being a club re-elected to PL after many years out - I'm sure lots of other clubs would love to be re-admitted to PL but tyhat isn;t brought up, unsurprisingly. In their shoes I'd be delighted if I stay up this season though

So appeal takes it to what ? Two points? So then EPL hit city big, precedence is cited and city start with (after its wittled down to 2pts per infringement )-30 prehaps?. An exciting year ensues where city "face the peril of relegation" Sky talk up the narrative (they finish tenth in the end) bare in mind taking thirty off them now puts them level with CP in 14th, no European football for one season, honour is served. Bookmark this folks because just like garlic bread......its the future.

Last edited:

Notts Forest coming out fighting their corner, as might be expected

Not a lot of mitigating points, more about the 'unfairness' of being a club re-elected to PL after many years out - I'm sure lots of other clubs would love to be re-admitted to PL but tyhat isn;t brought up, unsurprisingly. In their shoes I'd be delighted if I stay up this season though

Well under 'mitigation' they have already had the punishment reduced by 2 points for co-operation etc....... Ironic that they'll kick up a fuss upon appeal to get it reduced by even more....

What a farce the whole thing is.

Back
Top Bottom