Norwich (H) 5/12 - 1400KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why Lucas? Agree re Sanchez and Dier , pair of horrors.
I fucking hate him. Erratic, unpredictable, ineffective thunder ball. Even the most basic passes are under or over hit, misplaced and or too late. He strangles our attacking play.

Decent 15 min sub but we won’t finish in the top 6 with that selfish shinehead starting games

We can’t do that, the squad players are not good enough. Every time we try to rest players we get outplayed and have to put the big boys on to try and save us.
The key is bringing in two squad players to a full strength side, not changing the entire 11 and expecting good football. Berg for Emerson, Gill for Lucas won’t weaken us (with Emerson or Tangana in for Sanchez in the back 3)

Against the worst team in the league, I think we should rotate a little bit. Especially in December.
The problem is the that the drop offs are so large if we rotate.

I think Bergjwin for Lucas is about the safest change you could make. Tanganga for Sanchez maybe.

But beyond that once you start thinking of rotating wing backs or CMs it's too risky.

I myself, have been one of Dier´s biggest critics. But i must say Dier and Davies have been really solid this season. Really happy for them.

Them two, plus Reguilons uptick in performance (largely presentational dynamic, drive), shows that quickly a team we feel has 2 or 3 players, can become very good with just the right 2 or 3 replaced.

Very hopeful we see that same dynamic, but much quicker, that we did with Poch, where over 3-4months a set of players who best onboard Conte's philosophy will emerge as a consistent, all action, unit.

The problem is the that the drop offs are so large if we rotate.

I think Bergjwin for Lucas is about the safest change you could make. Tanganga for Sanchez maybe.

But beyond that once you start thinking of rotating wing backs or CMs it's too risky.
I think from time to time resting the fullbacks or lucas ,since they do a lot of the sprinting ,is probably required.

Last edited:
Lest we forget it was Norwich at home (in the FA Cup) when Dier went in the crowd on FT... ironically, the last Spurs game before lockdown.

Today sounds like we'll be paying respects to at least 2 people during the match, I just wonder how many in the crowd THAT night never came back...?

Today feels like it should be for all of them too...

WE ARE TOTTENHAM, SUPER TOTTENHAM...

Last edited:
Do you not think there could potentially be a reason Winks is coming on as a sub and Tanguy isn’t getting a minute in the premier league? I think he’s finished here to be honest, which is a shame as he never got started.

But he’s only got himself to blame as he’s had 4 managers, 5 including Mason who have all done the same.

There likely are reasons, doesn’t mean I agree with them.

Long term I don’t see him being an ideal option but until we can start bringing in new players he is a much better option than useless crap like Lucas and Wanks.

I think from time to time resting the fullbacks or lucas is since they do a lot of the sprinting is probably required.
It’s a good point though they are wing backs not full backs. Son is another sprinter and should be taken out every now and again

Centre backs etc just don’t need resting physically

Back
Top Bottom