North Korean flag vs Hull

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone know what that was about?
SFQ63tI.jpg

Without wanting to open up the whole yid debate, I think unless something is very offensive then any flag should be allowed.

This is a pretty subjective statement mate.. What is acceptable to some may not be acceptable to others...for me the Israeli flag should not be allowed and not just because it cunts me off on a political and personal level but as others have alluded to politics and football should be kept as separate as possible...
IMHO those who take Israeli flags to spurs games seem misguidedly to think that flag represents them a spurs yids...nothing could be farther from the truth...

From what I've seen on twitter it's basically making the point that any other flag is allowed to be taken in, no matter how controversial, apart from the Israeli flag. So yeah. We're being cunted. Again. Still.

It was me. My Dad is North Korean on my mums side. Second cousin removed.
I`ve just spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out this statement. I now realise it doesn`t actually make any sense. The first sentence in particular. Unless your Mum gave birth to your Father, and many years later had sex with him and then gave birth to you. Got me thinking though.

I regularly see an Irish and a Cypriot flag at WHL. The Irish I get when Robbie Keane played for us. However I assume that the people who fly these flags are Irish/Cypriot respectively. Would I be allowed to fly a Maltese flag? Just something else for people to get their knickers in a twist. Either allow all or none!

I am bringing my Revels one next game.

This offensive BS has gone too far. It's just another attempt by Sky and big corporate money to comodify football further into a sterile American frenchised sport. Life is political whether you like it or not, from urban planning to the quality of air you breathe it's all political so to try to avoid politics with this 21st century trend of some immortal radical centrist truth is rediculous.

With that said I feel that waving an Israeli flag at a spurs match is not a political statement but a rather local affinity sign to spurs tradition, and even it was a political statement I can't see why it should be banned (I would have said the same if our affinity was to the Palestinians and I personally to wave national banners)
Wave an Israeli flag, or a Palestinian, or a red one or the one of the DRK...it's up to you and not up to the FA's cnuts to decide.

...I feel that waving an Israeli flag at a spurs match is not a political statement but a rather local affinity sign to spurs tradition...

The state of Israel is nothing BUT politics and has been forever.

I agree with your first points about sports and politics. But you obviously know that waving an Israeli flag is offensive to a lot of people, including Spurs fans.

Quite. It's preposterous. I hate the way people conflate ethnicity and Judasim with Israel. For me there is a distinct "not in my name" element to Israeli politics, especially when it is painted as if Israeli politics are in behalf of all Jews and therefore represent them.

People who fly Israeli flags at football games are clearly too astonishing stupid to realise that it doesn't remotely have anything to do with showing solidarity with a Jewish fan base or standing up to bigotry.

Yup - anti Zionism and anti Semitism do not have to be intrinsically linked.

It's in tribute to one of our finest servants in recent times ... Lee young Pyo

Edit - Just realised lee young pyo is from South Korea :paulinhofacepalm:

It's because we are being sold to a Vincent Tan type business man form North Korea..
The first thing he wants to do is change our strip from White to red and change our name to Tottenham Cobra's.

The state of Israel is nothing BUT politics and has been forever.

I agree with your first points about sports and politics. But you obviously know that waving an Israeli flag is offensive to a lot of people, including Spurs fans.
Quite. It's preposterous. I hate the way people conflate ethnicity and Judasim with Israel. For me there is a distinct "not in my name" element to Israeli politics, especially when it is painted as if Israeli politics are on behalf of all Jews and therefore represent them.

People who fly Israeli flags at football games are clearly too astonishingly stupid to realise that it doesn't remotely have anything to do with showing solidarity with a Jewish fan base or standing up to bigotry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom