No More Rep...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair doos, thought you may have got all green eyed now Sibs is top dog in the rep stakes and pulled the plug!
:vdvcry: :ade:

If I was gonna do that I'd hack irkoo's site and take them down so I had the perfect alibi.

rep is for pussies, if/when it is back up and running, i wish for you all to rep rape me. i want my rep to be as negative as sibs is positive, i'll be like the ying to his yang.

To be fair it's not exactly the best system when you have to rely on someone elses server. I'd happily leave it off. Shall we just say Sibs won?

I fear a backlash from the fans over this.

how can you possibly quantify the winner though? What if someone's made 1 post but they had a massive rep. Doesn't that make them better than someone who for example is averaging 1 rep point (if that's what it's called) per post?

There needs to be some sort of consistent rule book written up before any rash decisions are made.

Need to keep rep.

When I first posted about Botswana Meat Commission it went up. Which was nice and encouraged me to hang around the forum a bit more and try and post entertaining or intelligent stuff.

For new users it nice to watch their rep go up and I think encourages people to post entertaining stuff.

If I didn't post for a week i doubt i's be top any more, so it will always chop and change.

I find that MB's with a rep system tend to be of better quality. Helps dig out blatant trolls and as sibs said encourages better input.

Thelonious Filth said:
On boxingscene, people form groups that build up people's rep points. :mong:

That's the downside - it gets 'groupy'

I don't suppose there's a way of stopping people with say -200 rep from posting or something? Or limiting their posts?

Would help at least limit trolls whilst letting enough idiots slip through the net to keep it entertaining

If they got -200 rep they're obviously a cunt and we'd just ban them.

I'll turn it back on once irkoo's site is back you rep whores.

I wish I had it on the site I moderate, it would cut down on the trolls. We have had trouble with a guy who pretends to be a Spurs fan and spends all his time having sly digs at players and such like. Apparently he was responsible for wrecking the forum on the official site. We have booted him on several occasions but now Admin wants to keep him "because he promotes debate"...It's doing my head in...

ArtyB said:
I wish I had it on the site I moderate, it would cut down on the trolls. We have had trouble with a guy who pretends to be a Spurs fan and spends all his time having sly digs at players and such like. Apparently he was responsible for wrecking the forum on the official site. We have booted him on several occasions but now Admin wants to keep him "because he promotes debate"...It's doing my head in...

that sounds like me :defoe2:

ArtyB said:

Which website is it?

Vital Spurs, I've been there over 5 years and it's a pretty busy site. There are quite a few decent posters but there's also a few who I can't stand any more...I find myself coming here more often these days, so to speak...

Back
Top Bottom