Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
I think Levy's plan has been successful. At this point, I just want a manager. Anyone will do, really. It can't get worse.

Me too. I just want someone in. Time's wasting away. There's less than three months until next season starts. It would be real nice to have at least two months in which to pretend, that we're making a fresh start and have hope. Before results start rolling in and reality sets in :richclosed:

Me too. I just want someone in. Time's wasting away. There's less than three months until next season starts. It would be real nice to have at least two months in which to pretend, that we're making a fresh start and have hope. Before results start rolling in and reality sets in :richclosed:
Yeah, in the past I've been more patient...but the season effectively ended for me in March so now it just feels ridiculously overdue.

You seem to assume that their belief in Islam is not a choice. I understand that children are indoctrinated so I have some sympathy. But your beliefs are your choice and you have to take responsibility for those choices. That’s part of being an adult.

If your God is sexist or racist or homophobic then he is not worth following. You’re not following a good person. There is literally NO good reason to discriminate on the basis of natural characteristics. None.

So there is no reason to fear going to Muslim hell for him any more than there is Christian hell.

Perhaps you can harm your fellow man and behave immorally for selfish reasons but don’t expect any respect for those views.
Is it your opinion that every player in Qatar not wearing their armbands are bigots too? Or is it ok not to wear them if you replace "God" as the authority telling you not to do it with "Fifa" and the punishment isnt eternity in hell, but a yellow card?

I think you shouldnt make such assumptions unless you know his personal opinion. Its possible he is a bigot and an idiot. It is also possible that he, like a lot of players in Qatar, would want to, or at least would not mind wearing it, but he does as he is told by someone else because of the consequences if he does not.

Last edited:
think it will be Postecogluo, he has good links to the asian market and Son is coming to the end so Levy will need a new tourist attraction on the pitch
Levy will have all the numbers and figures on what Son is worth to a match day, you only have to look round the shop and ground to see how much Son brings in
Levy will not want to lose that money

This is the worst thing about them dragging shit out.

It gives fans time to get a feel for candidates as well and eventually no Candidate has a unifying effect.

Nagelsmann last week did. Slot last night did.

Now neither of them do.
I’d be happy with either one tbh
Nagelsmann I feel is the best coach available but reading the Kane interview about the club needing to find its identity and get back its previous culture nagelsmanns history of player unrest at Bayern is undoubtedly a red flag

A spurs team managed by slot should at least be fun and entertaining to watch - I’d take either of them - just hope it is done soon

A well thought out and reasonable post. Although you're over looking one, crucial constant in our never ending cycle of rebuilding. Levy / ENIC

Even if Slot was given time and the fans remained patient, history shows that if he eventually built the team into a major contender, Levy would pull the carpet from under his feet as soon as he got within touching distance, and the sorry cycle of failure turns over once again

He'll never take that extra step involving financial risk that's needed to achieve and sustain success.

Other than new owners with new ideas and real sporting ambition, I really don't think there is a suitable appointment for our predicament

With the money spent since Pochettino was sacked (Mourinho £131 M, Nuno £57M, Conte £192 M, if these numbers are correct), I'm pretty sure we would be in a better position then we are now if we had gone for a rebuild. If the new DoF can get a few signings right, and if Levy keeps the cash flowing, and if we get Slot over the line. I'm sure we can have some exciting times again. We will never win the Premier League without new owners and with City and Newcastle in it, but we can have some good runs. And some success in cups

Lots of if's

Last edited:
Arne Slot would be a HUGE mistake. Let's face it... the Dutch League is not a competitive league and the jump to the Premier League is just too big. I mean look how Erik Ten Hag was annointed as the next great manager and he's been hugely underwhelming. Manchester United fans are already complaining how ETH's tactics are getting worse and worse and how they play boring football.

Go ahead and watch Feyenoord's games in the Europa League - teams that are at or near Feyenoord's level. And they played really bad. Sarri's Lazio dominated them and same with Roma in the quarterfinals.

b8340yosyr0b1.jpg

Not to mention that Slot does not uphold Tottenham's values. He encourages hooligan behavior - it's no surprise that both AZ Alkmaar and Feyenoord fans have exhibited unsavory behavior since Slot became manager.

We need Ryan Mason, someone who understands what Tottenham is all about and has players fighting for the badge. See how the players fought against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup, how they came back against Manchester United and Liverpool this season. We don't need Arne Slot aka a fatter Peter Bosz.
First of all, ManU will be playing Champions League and you guys will be playing Conference League at best. ETH is a completely different coach than Arne Slot. Comparing them by just being Dutch and coming from Eredivisie is really thin, you get that right?

In the quarter finals against Roma, Feyenoord won the first match. The second match was won by Roma in the last minute. Roma has a budget that is 3 times higher than Feyenoord and players as Dyballa, Tammy Abraham and Smalling. Feyenoord lost really unfortunate and AS Roma was celebrating because they felt they won from a really organized and quality team coached and build from the ground up by Arne Slot.

Oh yeah, and Feyenoord became not only champions but achieved that with brilliant football, tactics and won the title by a landslide. We call it Slotball at Feyenoord. We are 13 points ahead of Ajax whom invested more than 100mln Euros last summer.

Complaining about his values is just utter bullshit. You don’t seem to speak Dutch because he condemns is it in every possible way. He is a really decent guy. At Feyenoord there hasn’t been much incidents (and there always been some of it, nothing to do with coaches) and at AZ… really?? They guy left 2 years ago and now there was a riot and you blame it to Slot. Your thinking is completely off here.

last thing, reading all these kind of complains here on your forum tells me that you guys don’t deserve a top class manager as Arne Slot who can bring attractive/offensive football combined with success and developing players to a higher level. You guys want more of the same as last couple of years… great to see you at place 8 if that is what you want.

Whoever comes in is going to have an unbalanced squad, a bunch of players returning from loan that will make it even more unbalanced, and relatively little money to spend compared with the problems.

Yeah whoever it is, is in for a hiding. Pissed off fans, lazy players and a rudderless club run by owners who seem to be incapable of making good decisions.

First of all, ManU will be playing Champions League and you guys will be playing Conference League at best. ETH is a completely different coach than Arne Slot. Comparing them by just being Dutch and coming from Eredivisie is really thin, you get that right?

In the quarter finals against Roma, Feyenoord won the first match. The second match was won by Roma in the last minute. Roma has a budget that is 3 times higher than Feyenoord and players as Dyballa, Tammy Abraham and Smalling. Feyenoord lost really unfortunate and AS Roma was celebrating because they felt they won from a really organized and quality team coached and build from the ground up by Arne Slot.

Oh yeah, and Feyenoord became not only champions but achieved that with brilliant football, tactics and won the title by a landslide. We call it Slotball at Feyenoord. We are 13 points ahead of Ajax whom invested more than 100mln Euros last summer.

Complaining about his values is just utter bullshit. You don’t seem to speak Dutch because he condemns is it in every possible way. He is a really decent guy. At Feyenoord there hasn’t been much incidents (and there always been some of it, nothing to do with coaches) and at AZ… really?? They guy left 2 years ago and now there was a riot and you blame it to Slot. Your thinking is completely off here.

last thing, reading all these kind of complains here on your forum tells me that you guys don’t deserve a top class manager as Arne Slot who can bring attractive/offensive football combined with success and developing players to a higher level. You guys want more of the same as last couple of years… great to see you at place 8 if that is what you want.
A lot of us want Slot here. I hope we get it done this week and i would prefer him to Naglesmann now. It feels like a better fit. I think the person you're replying to is on a wind up. No Tottenham fan wants Ryan Mason as manager.

Personally the idea of Slot really excites me. He feels like he ticks so many boxes, from attractive football, outgoing and doesn’t feel like he thinks he’s bigger than the club. The last manager I really loved was Dutch and I get the impression that Slot would have a similar connection with the supporters. I have lots of patience as long as I can start seeing things heading in the right direction. I just want match days to be more fun again. I don’t pay for a season ticket just to see us win, I want a connection with the club. You could see that about three players got the point of the lap of the pitch yesterday. I want a manager who will inspire them and remind them of the importance of the fans. Anyway!

Arne Slot would be a HUGE mistake. Let's face it... the Dutch League is not a competitive league and the jump to the Premier League is just too big. I mean look how Erik Ten Hag was annointed as the next great manager and he's been hugely underwhelming. Manchester United fans are already complaining how ETH's tactics are getting worse and worse and how they play boring football.

Go ahead and watch Feyenoord's games in the Europa League - teams that are at or near Feyenoord's level. And they played really bad. Sarri's Lazio dominated them and same with Roma in the quarterfinals.

b8340yosyr0b1.jpg

Not to mention that Slot does not uphold Tottenham's values. He encourages hooligan behavior - it's no surprise that both AZ Alkmaar and Feyenoord fans have exhibited unsavory behavior since Slot became manager.

We need Ryan Mason, someone who understands what Tottenham is all about and has players fighting for the badge. See how the players fought against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup, how they came back against Manchester United and Liverpool this season. We don't need Arne Slot aka a fatter Peter Bosz.
Admin Admin gooner on board. Might want to clean this one out.

After thinking on this I have concluded it doesn’t matter who we get as manager as the squad isn’t good enough, mediocrity is rewarded with new contracts and the core of the squad has proven it will break under the slightest bit of pressure , If we happen to find ourselves in and around the bottom of the table next season which is very possible without Kanes goals , then I honestly think we could go down!
It’s a shame as we have some good players in the squad , but when you surround them with shit you get what we are seeing now, it’s alright though as I have accepted the fact we are going to do a Leeds without the huge spending !

Back
Top Bottom