Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Wow!!!
That's like 11.6% more than i expected!
Spurs are not a happy place these days!
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends
Just changed my vote after watching a 25 min BT sport interview with him. Plus who can’t get excited about someone who shouts at players to stop passing it back. The antithesis of our last two perm managers. I’m well in.

It’s the levy approach I think that has pissed most people of this choice. Nearly 3 months and basically waited till season was over to get a manger on a 12 month roll ping contract. Therefire I assume no compo needs to be paid. Must have been the plan along with Munn on board. Having not bothered with poch which would have defo United most fans, JN based on who you listen to turned us down or we did, slot turned us down. I’m sure all 3 would have had more support. This just seems like a cheap pint by levy which will be followed by cheap punts ex Celtic players and may be some from asia.
We will all want whoever takes charge to do well abd turn things around but the way levy and the board go about things just makes hard to get behind the chosen one. Still say it how comes no rumours originally in March about Ange?

It’s the levy approach I think that has pissed most people of this choice. Nearly 3 months and basically waited till season was over to get a manger on a 12 month roll ping contract. Therefire I assume no compo needs to be paid. Must have been the plan along with Munn on board. Having not bothered with poch which would have defo United most fans, JN based on who you listen to turned us down or we did, slot turned us down. I’m sure all 3 would have had more support. This just seems like a cheap pint by levy which will be followed by cheap punts ex Celtic players and may be some from asia.
We will all want whoever takes charge to do well abd turn things around but the way levy and the board go about things just makes hard to get behind the chosen one. Still say it how comes no rumours originally in March about Ange?
I’m a card carrying member of the ENIC-out brigade, but Ange was never going to leave before the end of the season.

What I do want to know (which, we never will) is why Nagelsmann never went anywhere.

According to the poll 12.6% of the TFC will be happy tonight.

Welcome to Tottenham Ange 👍.
Bit harsh. Pochettino was on there for a long time and, as you can see, Slot is still an option despite having turned us down explicitly by penning a new contract.

Really, the poll should have refreshed a week ago. Ange would likely do a tad better than 10 or so percent in that case.

I’ve wondered a few times how we are actually picking these managerial choices. Slot was pretty much an out of the blue choice, as is potecoglou but at least with him you could suggest it’s the agent links. But they seem to have been big choices since the start and no way Levy knows who they are let alone is picking them. So where did their selection come from? Maybe the new recruitment team decided on them based on new selection criteria because they definitely aren’t paratici choices (eg. Enrique) or Levy’s (Nagelsmann).

It’s pretty important to know how they are being selected but as usual with us, all there is, is secrecy around the whole appointment. Hopefully we get some news on how he was selected in due course, but I very much doubt it.
Any decent scouting/data group can take a look around and put together a list of 5-7 managers not already at big PL clubs who play an attacking style of football with high possession. It is not the act of a genius. Convincing Levy to stop star fucking and start hiring smartly is the tricky part.

I agree with Dier's lack of ability's.

But we need to keep at least 2-3 CB's, which would you choose bar Romero?
I'd keep romero and probably lenglet. The rest can go. Happy with porro as RB and get spence back as cover. Udogie will be left back but would sell Davies and sessegnon. Think we might pounce on leeds and saints for a couple of players. Quite like that summerville at leeds but hes a forward.

Back
Top Bottom