Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Okay balanced and fair until and if it doesn't happen. Then...?

July 1st is but 33 days away.

I'm hoping that we announce someone in the next week or two and he gets to work straight away. Plenty of time to get accustomed to the club, training facilities and staff before players return for pre season at the beginning of July.

There are no excuses why this shouldn't happen. Levy has his short list and should be ready to go for the chosen one.

Protesting outside of people's houses is an absolute cunt move, can't be involving families and kids because you're unhappy at the way the owners run the club.

Stupid idea
Said it before, if people really want change they have to stop going to the matches, stop buying merchandise, and stop watching matches.

20,000 empty seats is a much more effective message than 20,000 shouting "Levy out". ENIC don't care about being liked, they care about making money. To the extent that dissatisfied supporters can effect that, it is their only real avenue to prompt change.

If those 20,000 still turn up on High Road and protest, all the better. It will become a narrative that the media has to cover. It'll result in millions of lost £s in food and bev, at least.

I'm not saying Ange is untested in a big league but I reckon a managerial duo of Tony Adams and Sol Campbell could win the Scot Prem with Celtic.

Even Stevie G looked good in Scotland.

Australia, J League and Scotish Prem just don't compare.
Ok but Arteta who had zero managerial experience has just taken the scum to a few points away from winning the PL.

Would you be ok if we employ Carrick with a few months of championship football management experience?

Or you want the safe option of someone like Enrique, Rodgers, Potter or any other name with big league experience

Yeah. He's one of the new school of Italian coaches along with De Zerbi and Inzaghi. A bigger focus on attacking football than his predecessors.

He did really well to keep Spezia up in their first year and has done fine at a chaotic Fiorentina so far.
As with any Romance language speaker whose whole career has been in their home country, I'm going to guess that he doesn't speak a lick of English.

He has done quite well though. I hope he crushes the Spam

What a ridiculous comment (coming from an American especially)
It's a fact!

I don't mean it in a judgmental way at all. It has been a factor in managerial searches past whether a candidate speaks English, it has been well documented that Levy prefers that.

Bo Svensson of Mainz, for instance, a Danish manager working in Germany, it's probably a pretty decent bet he speaks English. It's a decent bet Italiano doesn't.

I'm not saying Ange is untested in a big league but I reckon a managerial duo of Tony Adams and Sol Campbell could win the Scot Prem with Celtic.

Even Stevie G looked good in Scotland.

Australia, J League and Scotish Prem just don't compare.

Again, such a ridiculously simplistic way of looking at things.

I’d just about take Mason over Brendan, but neither should be anywhere near the manager’s job on a full time basis.

I think we could do worse than Ange, his SPL background makes me nervous but he fits the brief in a few other ways.

One thing’s for sure, we need to get this one right and the DoF appointment or we are looking at the wilderness years. A lot of heavy lifting to be done this summer.

It's a fact!

I don't mean it in a judgmental way at all. It has been a factor in managerial searches past whether a candidate speaks English, it has been well documented that Levy prefers that.

Bo Svensson of Mainz, for instance, a Danish manager working in Germany, it's probably a pretty decent bet he speaks English. It's a decent bet Italiano doesn't.
Your link shows high levels of English proficiency for Italy. That’s a long way from your original comment.

I'm hoping that we announce someone in the next week or two and he gets to work straight away. Plenty of time to get accustomed to the club, training facilities and staff before players return for pre season at the beginning of July.

There are no excuses why this shouldn't happen. Levy has his short list and should be ready to go for the chosen one.

Hope you are right.

Status drift cannot contunue for too much longer.

Back
Top Bottom