Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Because they are all wankers mate.

It's why I'm so against the media/twitter etc because they talk about Spurs like we're a piece of shit and are a nothing football team yet it's so far from the truth.

This then just fuels a narrative so like you say fans of Brighton (who have been irrelevant for how long?) start picking up on what the media/twitter clowns say and just carry on the stick.

Brighton were playing in League 1 using an old athletics stadium not long ago so for their fans to be taking the piss outta our club is pretty fucking comical.

Totally agree mate. The whole trophy bullshit we get beaten with which I understand is embarrassing for a club of our size in recent years, but they seem to think Spurs have 0 trophies in our history. It then gets picked up by pathetic stat merchants that know nothing of our decorated history. Winds me up rotten mate when you got Westham, Brighton fans all chipping in. Totally forgetting they have won fuck all.

Totally agree mate. The whole trophy bullshit we get beaten with which I understand is embarrassing for a club of our size in recent years, but they seem to think Spurs have 0 trophies in our history. It then gets picked up by pathetic stat merchants that know nothing of our decorated history. Winds me up rotten mate when you got Westham, Brighton fans all chipping in. Totally forgetting they have won fuck all.
Spot on. We should win more trophies given size of club and we can have the likes of Leicester, Wigan chucked at us, but other supposed big clubs last trophies.... Newcastle 1969, Villa 1996, West Ham 1980, Everton 1995, Leeds 1992, Southampton 1976. Others like Palace, Brighton, Wolves then its ancient history. Yet we're the joke for these tedious, unfunny pillocks.

Spot on. We should win more trophies given size of club and we can have the likes of Leicester, Wigan chucked at us, but other supposed big clubs last trophies.... Newcastle 1969, Villa 1996, West Ham 1980, Everton 1995, Leeds 1992, Southampton 1976. Others like Palace, Brighton, Wolves then its ancient history. Yet we're the joke for these tedious, unfunny pillocks.

I know mate. I said this before about Villa, everton, Newcastle etc. All big clubs who have barely won anything in 30/40 years, yet why do Spurs seem to get the most stick?

I know mate. I said this before about Villa, everton, Newcastle etc. All big clubs who have barely won anything in 30/40 years, yet why do Spurs seem to get the most stick?
Higher expectations.
Under Sugar, we were headed the way of Everton. The last 10 years or so, we’ve finished higher than every one of the other top 5 teams once or more.

None of those other teams have.

Higher expectations.
Under Sugar, we were headed the way of Everton. The last 10 years or so, we’ve finished higher than every one of the other top 5 teams once or more.

None of those other teams have.

True. Chelsea mate of mine also said it’s because Spurs have come close so many times but keep failing, hence the stick we get, so i do understand in a way, but we seem to get laughed at by the vast majority of idiots, yet none of the other clubs do. Only way we stop this shite is winning trophies starting with this season.

Southampton and West Ham have never been big clubs , Everton and Leeds have won the league much more recently than us which sadly is the only domestic trophy of significance anymore , sad but a fact . Wolves and Newcastle have had absolute shockers . Villa have a league title and a European cup more recently than our last league win.

The FA cup still meant something when we won it in 91 , our two league cups are very tinpot , although I would still love to win it again

I guess because the likes of Villa, West Ham, Everton and Newcastle don't really strut aroumd the league like we do.

ben stiller GIF

we look and kinda act (and are now) like one the biggest clubs in europe but we havent won anything for 15 years

Southampton and West Ham have never been big clubs , Everton and Leeds have won the league much more recently than us which sadly is the only domestic trophy of significance anymore , sad but a fact . Wolves and Newcastle have had absolute shockers . Villa have a league title and a European cup more recently than our last league win.

The FA cup still meant something when we won it in 91 , our two league cups are very tinpot , although I would still love to win it again
I agree with a lot of that and of the so called big 6 we're the only ones that dont win trophies. Our record is shocking really, no disputing. But it does make me laugh getting stick about lack of trophies from fans of West Ham, Southampton etc.

I'd legit take Potter if Chelsea fires him. I still rate him highly. Coming in mid-season to that Chelsea roster and then bringing in like 15 new players is a very difficult situation. And it's not like he took over for a bad coach. Tuchel couldn't get a tune out of them and he's an elite coach.
Showing the same struggles as Brighton, would avoid like the Plague!

Wouldn’t it be great if poch came back and hit some silverware! One can only dream but off all our recent managers poch deserves it.
Unless its the CL he wont take it seriously, he was quite happy to throw anything else as it was below us apparently, Top 4 was always the aim.

I agree with a lot of that and of the so called big 6 we're the only ones that dont win trophies. Our record is shocking really, no disputing. But it does make me laugh getting stick about lack of trophies from fans of West Ham, Southampton etc.

Oh it’s horrendous. 100% i get why we get ripped by Chelsea etc, but there is no chance in hell I’m accepting Westham, Brighton and Southampton fans etc getting in on the act. Even Newcastle, Everton and Villa fans have no right to give us stick. That being said, our trophy record under ENIC is absolutely pathetic.

I'd legit take Potter if Chelsea fires him. I still rate him highly. Coming in mid-season to that Chelsea roster and then bringing in like 15 new players is a very difficult situation. And it's not like he took over for a bad coach. Tuchel couldn't get a tune out of them and he's an elite coach.
I really rated Potter, and still do, but I am legit fed up of taking on their cast offs. I know it's illogical but there you are....

Football analysts online are creaming themselves over De Zerbi and Carrick.

Might be worth a shot, however they've just joined their respective clubs during the season so they probably won't leave.

Maybe if the board had some foresight we could start talking to them over coming in the future. I think Man City did something like that with Pep before he actually agreed to sign.

If we had a plan like that in mind, I wouldnt have a problem with a big name as a stopgap in that time. Someone like Luis Enrique for example could come in for a year and get the team sorted for someone like De Zerbi or Carrick.

Back
Top Bottom