Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
No it was great but that's a different era. This team is a mess and there has to be a mass clear out but nobody has the money to buy these players.

Then you get in a coach that can actually COACH the team. Improve the players we know we have in the squad that are good enough as well as working with a director of football to bring in players who will work within his system.

And Nagelsmann is the best available manager in doing that.

He was open to the idea of Brazil wanting him

But he also says in that very article "From there, you have to respect the contract you have, which is a contract that I want to fulfil."

Which is until 2024. He was never leaving before then.

The ever so reliable Matt Law who absolutely doesn't profit of this fanbase's misery and puts negative stories out to feed the algorithm said this though :confused:

His latest..............

Now there could be people who agree with this piece, but my fundamental problem is he doesn't write this stuff on the team he covers Chavs. They are having the worst season in a lifetime, losing £2m a day (probably work out to be double this taking this season into account). No CL, +40 players in 1st team, no sponsors for next season, additional £100m on the wage bill which was already 2nd highest.

Conte and Mourinho however have pretty much needed the best resources in the richest clubs of their respective leagues to succeed.
Mourinho won the Champions League at Porto and Inter and Conte won promotion from Serie B twice.

This is a bollocks critique of Pep Guardiola, but at least it's a description of reality in his case.

LeParisien LeParisien What's your take on Franck Haise from Lens? All I'm hearing & reading about him is positive. The way he's got Lens playing, how he's developed players, his man management...

And now he is no longer just their coach, he's general manager...involved in the academy, recruitment of players and staff, even their women's team. Tells me he's obviously got great brains and strong shoulders, that he's trusted, respected, loved even...certainly by the fans and media.

Obviously I hate the cunt for his Woolwich connection, but dare I say Haise could be the next Wenger? In my opinion, he'll be at a top club real soon.

84 passes to get 2 yards further up the pitch would do my head in

His Spain team was about as inspiring as the grass growing on the pitch
100%.

I loved Enrique as a player. He was aggressive, forward-thinking, scored loads...but as a manager he's the polar opposite. Proper borefest extravaganza.

I wouldn't even phone him.

Mourinho won the Champions League at Porto and Inter and Conte won promotion from Serie B twice.

This is a bollocks critique of Pep Guardiola, but at least it's a description of reality in his case.

Porto are second most decorated team in Portuguese football mate. Champions League achievement was incredible, no one has ever disputed that. Doesn't hide the fact that he's mostly managed and succeeded at teams that are either one of the most successful teams in said country or had the resources to create the best teams.

There's nothing wrong with that. Conte and Mourinho have earnt that. Because they've proven when in charge of clubs like that, they can win. Go and have Conte take over at Real Madrid and I imagine he'd win stuff too. Mourinho at PSG, same.

But they're in no way comparable to Nagelsmann. Who's proven, at smaller clubs, that he's a top tier coach, improves footballers and can get a team to play good football whilst over performing. Which is exactly what we should be aiming for.

Going for Mourinho was probably one of the biggest mistakes Levy has made at this club.

Poch I think has made it clear he wants to come back , seems like from the Levy side no interest. So I could see him much as I would hate it going to Chelsea ,

Poch may like to come back one day but I don't think he wants to work with Levy again. Even when Poch was here he never shut the door on managing the likes of Man Utd or Real Madrid. Yes he feels the love from the Spurs fans and he has an affinity with the club after all the effort and emotion he put in during the 5 years here but he knows there is very little loyalty in the game and there were plenty of people happy and relieved when he was sacked in 2019.

That era has gone and everyone has to move on, the club and Poch himself. He was brilliant, he is magic, if he goes to Chelsea then so be it. If I was him him I wouldn't take that job, the fans won't accept him, there is no patience and longevity at that club, he will be disposed of quickly like Potter was if things go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom