Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
We haven't had an English speaker as good as that since probably Hoddle! 😃

I'm no zenophobe, but it would be lovely to have a break from the mumbly, stumbly press conferences of Conte, Nuno, Jose & Poch where they talk in soundbites and catchprases.
Out of the 4 you mentioned Jose is the odd one out. His English was very fluent, don't disagree with the other 3 though

Not wishful at all. That’s the absolute minimum we should expect from our board.

Chavs, Madrid and PSG all likely be looking this Summer. Get the pre-contract down now.

Chop chop.

None of these clubs need to wait until summer, even if they don't sack their managers now, they can agree Nagalsmann coming in and move them on at the end of the season.

PSG would be the one I'd really worry about. Galtier's a dead man walking and Nagalmann is now the brightest young thing available. And he fits a profile - Poch, Tuchel - they've gone for before.

RM also, with Ancellotti on the way out. And they've bought some young players lately. Hard to resist the pull of that job I reckon.

None of these clubs need to wait until summer, even if they don't sack their managers now, they can agree Nagalsmann coming in and move them on at the end of the season.

PSG would be the one I'd really worry about. Galtier's a dead man walking and Nagalmann is now the brightest young thing available. And he fits a profile - Poch, Tuchel - they've gone for before.

RM also, with Ancellotti on the way out. And they've bought some young players lately. Hard to resist the pull of that job I reckon.
My hope (and this could be wish being father to the thought) is that he’s so young, he may think ‘why rush?’ Those positions are regularly available and taking our gig is almost a free hit; no one expects you to succeed.

It will likely come down to which league he fancies. If he’s chomping at the bit to manage in the PL, then we’re probably about as good a fit for him as possible (minus Daniel).

Out of the 4 you mentioned Jose is the odd one out. His English was very fluent, don't disagree with the other 3 though

From week to week, he's still prone to the ol' monotone drone and loads of "errrrrrrrs" (Unless - conveniently - he's on one of his smart-ass rants about "Eritage" or similar obv!).

100%

That's exactly how we failed to get JN 2 years ago.....

Yeah. The timing of this is deceptively unfortunate. On the face of it, it seems perfect timing for us, but it coincides with two of the big jobs just about to become vacant.

I'm not bothered so much about Chelsea because even if the sack Potter for Nagalsmann, I'd happily take Potter. And there are still people like De Zerbi, Schmidt, Slot etc who'd also be pretty exciting.

All these links to nagelsmann, just more ammo to make us look like the ultimate banter club when he joins another club in the summer

We're not "the ultimate banter club" regardless.

If he decides to join RM I can absolutely see some of our 'fans' using it as "ammo" though... Which needless to say would be bollocks.

Yeah. The timing of this is deceptively unfortunate. On the face of it, it seems perfect timing for us, but it coincides with two of the big jobs just about to become vacant.

I'm not bothered so much about Chelsea because even if the sack Potter for Nagalsmann, I'd happily take Potter. And there are still people like De Zerbi, Schmidt, Slot etc who'd also be pretty exciting.

Meant to say with this, one of the reasons it's deceptively unfortunate is because we can now be used as leverage by Nagalsmann's agent to get him the PSG or RM job sooner and with better money.

I wouldn't expect any coach to begin talks with us until it is clear if we have Champions League football next year.

The other fly in the ointment is Kane's contract situation. He won't sign till he knows who the coach is, the coach won't sign till he knows Kane is staying.

This will drag out for a while me thinks.

I wouldn't expect any coach to begin talks with us until it is clear if we have Champions League football next year.

The other fly in the ointment is Kane's contract situation. He won't sign till he knows who the coach is, the coach won't sign till he knows Kane is staying.

This will drag out for a while me thinks.
I get the point you're making, but whomever comes in should be someone who doesn't care if we're in the CL or if Kane will stay. You know, someone confident enough in himself to build a proper team, whether with or without Kane, and deliver results regardless. That could still be JN, but also a Gallardo, or Poch, or Amorim.

Actually a lot of good options that are seemingly attainable, the Nuno summer was slim pickings.

I’d be happy with any of Nagelsman, Anorim, Gallardo, Frank, Glasner, De Zerbi, or Enrique. Pochettino seems like he’ll be the pick if we miss on a few top choice candidates and if he’s your backup, that’s a pretty good spot to be in.

Back
Top Bottom