Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First 2 goals came from VDV slipping over.
A minute before the first goal he had been booked for a non bookable offence after our captain and vice captain put the ref on the spot begging for a booking for a Newcastle defender.
So Spursy.
The ref was bent IMO.
Since the dippers game, every team gets a free hit at us. I have come to expect it now, but the ref didnt let in 4.

The pressure has been difficult for us to handle.

In my view, in general, we hold on to the ball far too long. Too slow to move it around. That gives the opponents an opportunity to press us.

Kulu is a perfect example of this, but he is not the only one.

We need to move the ball quicker. The pressing will not work if we move the ball in one or two touches.
Cuti is the worst he needs a rocket up his bum

I think it took Klopp three seasons, and Fergie possibly one more to win silverware.

I can't figure out why Ange keeps saying the players are on a learning curve?

The goals we are conceding are about poor defending that has little if anything to do with his system.

I can't think of any player that he will bring in during the Summer that would make leaving Micky by himself on the halfway line safe and secure from a counter attack?

Next season will tell, bit with the club looking for investment I can only see player purchases matching out sales.
I remember Jose, Conté and Poch saying the same. It's courtesy to Levy for hiring him. He also probably has a clause on his contract that he can't openly bash the club. Levy won't invest. Ange will get tired. I've watched some matches with previous clubs, and he is a great tactician. Unfortunately all good managers, wanting to win a trophy, need players that, fit and uphold, their system. Be prepared for an exit to a bigger club. He wants to win the League. He also knows it ain't happening at Spurs.

I qu
Conte’s rant being borne out once again.

At this point you cannot keep blaming Levy and the managers. Yes, we don’t have elite players and yes we play a high risk style, but the effort today can’t be the best the players can do. It just can’t. How could their best effort lead to a 4-0 defeat to Newcastle’s reserve team?

We simply weren’t ready to compete. Nobody was aggressive, nobody was awake, nobody was prepared to play football. They made us look like frightened children.
I Question the preparation of the team during the week. We have on the whole had the most time to prep for games this season. It’s worrying a team in 4th can play like that and it’s not the first time.

I remember Jose, Conté and Poch saying the same. It's courtesy to Levy for hiring him. He also probably has a clause on his contract that he can't openly bash the club. Levy won't invest. Ange will get tired. I've watched some matches with previous clubs, and he is a great tactician. Unfortunately all good managers, wanting to win a trophy, need players that, fit and uphold, their system. Be prepared for an exit to a bigger club. He wants to win the League. He also knows it ain't happening at Spurs.
Great tactician v who though? What sort of quality were the oppo managers? It’s silly to say he pulled great tactical master class v conf league quality oppo.

Back
Top Bottom