Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This result is on me lads... I briefly (and naively) thought to myself we might win today, literally 2 seconds before they scored... then immediately consoled myself that we always concede first, and would be absolutely fine toda..... bollocks, 2-0!

Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions
Did you find that on CAN'T UNSEE.com?

I guess, after results like today... and Fulham, Brighton away... oh, AND West Ham, Cheslea at home, you either have to laugh at the naivety, or stubbornness of our team this season!

thank GOD for the first 10 games eh? Or else we'd probably be Crystal Palace or Brentford by now...

Unfortunately, the style of play worked well enough in, the working mans league of Scotland but it's being shown up here.
Lovely man, says all the right things but, the standard of coaching and football leave a lot to be desired.
The defence is shit, hasn't kept a clean sheet for months, that is not the standard of a team chasing top four.
In any case, playing like this in the CL would create laughter among the other clubs.
We beat Villa 4-0 literally last month.

We are a predictable one trick pony. We have to have a Plan B and Plan C . 38 games playing the same way, will not work.

Ange is naïve to have that mindset, at Celtic away at St Mirren absolutely, away at Fulham & Newcastle u need to be adaptable, doesn’t mean you’re deviating away from your beliefs, just that you’re implementing a strategy to win a particular game

Any manager that allows his team to defend like that isn't the right manager.

You can have bad days at the office but lets all be real for second, our defending at times this season has been under nines level.
Zero organisation, its so easy to get at us.

The worst thing about this game was before a ball was even kicked I could see they had all the black and white flags out and that they fancied it, Eddie Howe did a little interview where he basically said he had set up to counter what we do, and I knew before a ball was even kicked that we would lose.

They fancied it, they put themselves about and we folded. Like we do every fucking time without fail.

Everyone talks about the manager having no plan B, but even the plan A is fucking shocking at times.

Anyway I don't want to get too much on the managers back, he isn't the real problem at the club, nor are the players. We all know why we are what we are.

When you think of Spurs now don't think Ricky Villa, or Glenn Hoddle or Billy Nic, think NFL pitches, Beyonce and hotels complexes.

I made a bet start of this season that we would finish bottom half or I leave the forum, I lost that bet and this is my last post on here.
I'm Just done.

Some of you will be pleased to hear it I'm sure.

Lets be real this season has been absolute shit, we've had no European football to contend with, we went out of both cups with an absolute whimper. There is just nothing really to get excited about or play for.

We don't deserve fourth and frankly I couldn't give a fuck if we even make it.

I'm not hanging around to watch us get absolute destroyed by the goons and Liverpool over the coming weeks. life is too short.

Anyway I'm rambled enough, cheerio and good luck to you all even those I haven't seen eye to eye with.

COYS!
But..........do you still hate Scousers though?......🤷‍♂️

I think my main problem is that our season has been backwards. Performances at the start of the season were of a team bedded into a system playing it fluently everyone knowing what we were doing.
Now we look like weve never met before and are not used to the system. We should be be playing now like first 10 games and vice versa.
If it was i think things would be a lot more positive but the fact it looks like we're getting worse is truely worrying.
Yes we're higher than expected in the league than i first thought we would be but its all petering out with a whimper
We have clearly been found out, or as I prefer, our tactics are being respected by the opposition. What worries me the most is that there's a difference between being respected and made to feel frustrated by a low block vs being battered by it. And I say battered beyond today because if it wasn't for the combination Vicario and poor midtable frontlines this score line would be a staple week in week out.

I can't stomach rigid tactics in either direction, boring gutless defending with Conte or balls to the wall attack with Ange. Extremes never work.

We are showing a consistent theme of stubbornness with our so called plan A whist showing a complete lack of respect for what the opposition is doing. Has anyone not noticed how our substitutions are always man for man, it's never to change shape or style of play. And tbh our set piece management is a perfect microcosm of the whole damn thing - wilfully doing the same thing over and over again despite it being exposed for it's weaknesses.

We are a predictable one trick pony. We have to have a Plan B and Plan C . 38 games playing the same way, will not work.

Ange is naïve to have that mindset, at Celtic away at St Mirren absolutely, away at Fulham & Newcastle u need to be adaptable, doesn’t mean you’re deviating away from your beliefs, just that you’re implementing a strategy to win a particular game
I think the naivety is, beginning to show as the season drags on.

You've hit on something we see that hasn't come along like Postecoglou wants. The decision making still isn't quick enough. Hopefully that will come going forward.
The worrying part is we had that despite the injuries. Early on. Spurs going to city and going toe to toe with an all fullback defence. No maddison etc...the style remained the same. Look at us since the start of the year. We've been playing like this. So if decision making is bad. 1 game a week. What on earth are they working on in training...to me he is setting them to play the way they are...at home especially against lower half/relegation fodder. It's all too slow...

We have clearly been found out, or as I prefer, our tactics are being respected by the opposition. What worries me the most is that there's a difference between being respected and made to feel frustrated by a low block vs being battered by it. And I say battered beyond today because if it wasn't for the combination Vicario and poor midtable frontlines this score line would be a staple week in week out.

I can't stomach rigid tactics in either direction, boring gutless defending with Conte or balls to the wall attack with Ange. Extremes never work.

We are showing a consistent theme of stubbornness with our so called plan A whist showing a complete lack of respect for what the opposition is doing. Has anyone not noticed how our substitutions are always man for man, it's never to change shape or style of play. And tbh our set piece management is a perfect microcosm of the whole damn thing - wilfully doing the same thing over and over again despite it being exposed for it's weaknesses.
It takes 1 game to find a team out. Analysis and video footage these days. It's probably available at half time. It is not rocket science how to play against a team with a high line.

Because the transfer window has closed???

:andros:

But i guess we could play an injured Richarlison, or talk Les Ferdinand or Teddy Sheringham into getting out of retirement?
Hilarious. We sold one at the start of the season. We had a chance then...we had another chance in January. You go into the season with senior striker and 1 young guy with no experience then this what happens. Ange saw that defensively so signed a defender but not a striker. You get it now?

Unfortunately, the style of play worked well enough in, the working mans league of Scotland but it's being shown up here.
Lovely man, says all the right things but, the standard of coaching and football leave a lot to be desired.
The defence is shit, hasn't kept a clean sheet for months, that is not the standard of a team chasing top four.
In any case, playing like this in the CL would create laughter among the other clubs.

Our fans harp on about our high possession of play.

That we have the highest goals conceded stat in the top six appears to be of little interest.

That team, using those tactics, will win nothing, impossible to win anything when we concede goals for fun.

Our visit to Anfield will be embarrassing in the extreme.

Back
Top Bottom